OCP 4.0.14 standard, .txt file write issue on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit system

OCP 4.0.14 standard, .txt file write issue on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit...

Author
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Been getting an odd issue which I need to clarify if its my windows permissions or OCP itself, the problem relates to using Outputs: File/FTP .txt to update a third party Shoutcast encoders META data.

I have two files setup as per my original OCP v3.5 IE: Source file, 'OCP_Template.txt' writing to 'OCP.txt' both stored within the root C:/ on local machine running OCP. When OCP is trying to write to the output file OCP.txt I am getting an error message 'File/FTP Output Status: Couldn't rename temp file to final name - (0)' I have double a triple checked file permissions and even given it full control all with no fix. 

Has anyone else suffered this since upgrading to v4 ?

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)

All sorted BigGrin

For anyone else and also a reminder to me in the future I simple renamed the pull file 'OCP_Template.txt' to 'OCP_Template.html' this then created the output file named 'OCP.html' instead of my original 'OCP.txt' which was not being made visible to the third party Shoutcast encoders META data and I was therefore creating the blank file myself which them would not update. By creating it as a 'html' extension it not only became visible by itself (IE not created by my but by OCP it updated).

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

I'm having the exact same issue but I need to create a .txt file on the web server.

OCP puts the file in the correct location on the web server but gives it a .TMP extension. The file permissions are fine because I can rename the file manually using an FTP client using the same login credentials.

I tried the above suggestion of using an HTML template and extension but it still created a file with a .TMP extension.

Any ideas?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)Forum Sage (84K reputation)

We use OCP to write text files to a windows server network share and have no problems with the .txt file extension. 

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Gavin,

You need to make sure that OCP has permissions to Create/delete any files in the destination upload folder - this is because of the process we use to publish new files via ftp. As you've seen we upload to a tmp file first, then rename the current file out of the way, rename the new one into place, then delete the old one.

It's done this way for 2 reasons -

1) to keep the amount of time that the actual file is "missing" to a minimum (i.e. on a slow connection if we deleted the old file, then took 5 seconds to upload the new one it would be missing for 5 seconds)

2) Some older webservers had a tendency to "cling on" to files that were uploaded to their FTP back end, so we found we couldn't delete that file - or if we could, we would sometimes find that it took the webserver a while to realise that it had changed. Oddly we could rename it and the webserver seemed fine with that, so ny renaming it out of the way it means we can then swap in the new file into it's place.

If you also have other content to upload (like pictures etc.) then the same process is used to upload to a temp then swap into place.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)Forum Sage (34K reputation)

Thanks Peter,

The FTP login account I use with OCP has full admin rights so I'm not sure what other credentials I can use. I use the same login credentials with CuteFTP and that allows me to rename the file to .TXT manually.

Am I missing something?

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)Forum Sage (519K reputation)

Hmmm... It would be worth checking you're running the latest version of OCP v3.6, then see if shows an FTP error on the output list - if so then clicking on it might tell you more. Other than that I think next step would be to contact support and see if we can help you work it through

Cheers,

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Thanks Peter,

I'm running OCP 4.0.18.

I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
Attachments
OCP error.png (577 views, 7.00 KB)
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage

Best contact Support I think - they'll need to walk through some steps with you

------------
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

GavinD
GavinD
Forum Sage

Problem solved. Tech support found that Microsoft IE11 has a problem with the FTP API. I downgraded to IE10 and all is fine.

More details  available here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/808279/ftpopenfile-and-internetwritefile-broken-changed-in-ie11

Gavin Davis
HotHitsUK.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search