Repeating Log hours - Make my life easier!

Repeating Log hours - Make my life easier!

Author
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi folks,

Is there a way to repeat an hour from the Log automatically in Myriad 3.6?

We have a show that airs on a Saturday and I would like to have it repeated and re-broadcast on the following Wednesday. Is there an automatic process to take the hour long show and insert it into the Log on Wednesday? It gets a bit fiddly to do this manually every week. We use Autotrack Pro for scheduling if that helps.

Many thanks

Adam James
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (193K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Adam,

it depends on how you are doing it manually??

Did you know that you can right click on the hour start bar and export it to a file???

This can then be loaded back into a specific date / time - to do this scroll to the end of the log where you will see "no more log - right click to add" and from that menu you have the option to import the hour from a file (i.e. the one you just exported).

EDIT: Myriad Autotrack v4 has an "import from Simulcast" option which you could use to repeat hours, that you have exported (as above).

I've looked into this further and i have got this wrong - the simulcast opption would not be suitable for that purpose.

Hope that helps.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Edited
12 Years Ago by David Boulton
djcraigr
djcraigr
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)Forum Sage (3.7K reputation)

We pretty much have the same issue at Radio Royal, we have just moved to power log and have to the log from exactly 2 past the hour, import the hour to a cart a schedule cart, the only issue with this is that some has to export/import every week. 

Would be nice to have autotrack talk to powerlog and do it manually, till that happens we are going to train our presenters on it.

Craig

Craig Ryan

Assistant Geek / IT Manager / P & P Manager  @ Radio Royal & Royal 2.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
We have an optional add-on for Powerlog v4 called "ListenAgain" that you can run from a command line to export a section of the PowerLog log via a Scheduled Task to a WAV file. This may do what you need - BFBS use it to produce listen again content for the forces, so that might work for you?

You can then run the MyriadCommand Processor standalone exe or the AutoImporter to then import that audio file straight into a fixed cart that you have scheduled into the log.

If you're interested, then if you drop a line to sales@psquared.net they can sort out a quote/eval license for you.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Peter,

That looks like the kind of thing we are after.  I'll drop sales an email.

Craig

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums