SRM Mixer remote start in myriad

SRM Mixer remote start in myriad

Author
SDC
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)Forum Sage (801 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if I'm being stupid.

I have the srm mixer, along with myriad v3.6 and can start tracks using the start button located on the mixer using the mii usb function and was just wondering is it possible to start what every in the cart ion myriad simply just by pushing up the fader (much like the remote start for a cd player etc) rather then having to push the start button?

Or is my only option to use a joystick usb control and a 15 d type making up my own remote starts like I have seen on these forums?

Any help will be greatly appreciated 
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (93K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi,

I think you would need to do it via the remotes output as I dont think there is provision for this in the MII spec.

Sorry.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I wonder whether you could try the following

Settings Page 4 – Remote Modes

Input button (i.e. Mic/Line, Myr/Line or TEL/AUX) selects/indicates input, Start buttons selects/indicates current mode

Mode 1 - Latching remote start when channel or line hold active, remote stop when inactive

Not sure if this works as it is not interfacing via the serial usb but also because the fader doesn't know it is open in the normal way not sure if the communication would happen.

Because a later firmware upgrade could enable it so if the fader was closed and you pressed and held the start button for 3 seconds it put it into 'fader start' mode so the minute you lifted the fader up it fired off the item. In all honesty I don't quite know why you would want to do this anyway as I only used to use fader start on records in case I hadn't cued it properly.

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search