SRM mixer issues

SRM mixer issues

Author
CYZ
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all- first time posting, so not sure if this is in the right category but any help would be very much appreciated.

At a Youth Club, we're running the P Squared starter studio; SRM 9 channel broadcast mixer with Myriad software.  

Software boots fine, and carts play with no problems.  Desk seems to interface with Myriad properly (start buttons flash when cart is loaded and tracks can be played in Myriad via SRM).   I've checked that everything is plugged in properly. The problem is as follows;there doesn't appear to be any output whatsoever.  No level on the PPM meter (the PPM LED remains lit constantly) and no sound going to the studio monitors.  

The PGM button for the Myriad channels are all pressed in, the PPM is set to PGM and the studio volume is turned up.  Having only used this mixer once before I though I'd post here and read through the manual again before calling tech support.  The main left output bus has been flickering off occasionally over the last couple of days, so I'm hoping this has nothing to do with it and it's not a hardware issue, but I have a nasty feeling that the main output bus may have given up Sad

Any solutions would be gratefully received! 
beech03
beech03
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)Forum Sage (1.7K reputation)

Hi,

Sorry for the problems you are experiencing.

Do the VU BARS light up when no audio is going through the desk?

Is there no output on any of the channels? have you looked at the audio settings within myriad to see if the soundcard is selected to the correct outputs? eg Player 1 - Delta 1/2
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          player 2 - delta 3/4
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          player 3 - delta 5/6
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          player 4 - delta 7/8
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       , edit player - Delta 7/8
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         record device - delta 3/4

Have you tried booting the mixing desk up without any connections other than power? do you get the same result of the VU bars constantly lit?

If you do, there is an option to reset the desk to factory defaults in the manual. Please try this option and see if the issue remains.

Please let us know how you get on

regards

Lee
CYZ
CYZ
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not getting any level on the Vu metres at all, regardless of which channel I have up: the only thing that's lit is the PPM led, indicating that the metering is set to PPM rather than Vu.  I've tried re-booting the mixer, but not without any inputs other than the IEC.   I had a quick look at the settings within Myriad, and the settings you mentioned all seem correct.   The license ran out a few days ago and needs updated, but I wouldn't have thought it would have this effect Blink  I'll look deeper at the Myriad settings along with with device manager to check the hardware is still active etc, and check that they haven't been meddled with, and if the problem is still there I'll try a factory reset on the desk. 

Will keep you posted on how I get on- Thanks again- Mally
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (93K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Have you tried a firmware reset?

It sounds like a prefade is stuck on. Try turning all the prefades on and off to see if it makes a difference. 

Next try a firmware reset. I think you have all faders down turn power off, hold down all three auto-prefade buttons and the rec mon button and restart. But that is from memory so I would def check in the manual. 

Liam

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
glenfraser
glenfraser
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)Forum Sage (9K reputation)

Just a quick one, have you tryed a mic and does that work? 

G
CYZ
CYZ
Forum Sage

Thanks for all the advice- @Glenfraser, yeah I tried a mic and there was no level, also the 'mic live' sign didn't light up, which makes me think that maybe it is a prefade thats stuck on, as Liam suggested.  I'll try a firmware reset when I'm in on Tuesday and see how that goes and try everything else suggested; fingers crossed!
CYZ
CYZ
Forum Sage

Hi all-

SRM working fine now after a factory reset- I think it must have been the PFLs locked on for some reason Blink    Thanks for everyone's help anyways!
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

Might be an idea to report the issue to Sonifex as they make the mixers, they could put it on their list of things to fix.

The guys are very helpful there Wink

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....