Autotrack choosing songs to fill an hour that is short

Autotrack choosing songs to fill an hour that is short

Author
Paul Johnston
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)Forum Sage (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Is there any way in Autotrack (basic not pro) to choose the categories of songs it picks to fill an automated hour if it falls short?

We have had occasions recently where it is seemingly just choosing a song category at random where the hour falls short because, for example, it has picked songs that end rather than fade towards the back of the hour so won't fade them. It has included stuff from categories which wouldn't normally form part of that programme (eg: jazz or classical). 

I have looked in the rules and settings but can't seen an option for this.

I know the safe option is to overload the hour, but we've ended up with the final link being played at quarter to in the past so we're trying to avoid that.

Cheers,

Paul Johnston
Programme Controller
Radio Clatterbridge  
Simon Temby
Simon Temby
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)Forum Sage (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi Paul,

If the hour falls short, it isn't Autotrack that chooses the songs to fill the hour with, it's Myriad itself.

1) Go into Myriad, then choose the "Settings" drop-down menu, then "Station Database Settings".

2)  Choose the Auto-Fade tab along the top of the window that pops up.

3) At the bottom of the window, you'll find a check box that says "If under-running, use InstantTrack to add items:", then a box with the name of the InstantTrack preset you are using. Click the button next to it with the spanner icon, that will open up another window where you can click and slide along the amount of each catagory in your database you want it to choose from to fill an hour. (Some of the settings will be greyed out as they apply to creating an Auto-Fill hour incase you forget to schedule.

If you are using the same InstantTrack preset to create Auto-Fill hours incase you forget to schedule, it will affect that too. You can find the settings for that under the "Scheduler" tab rather than the "Auto-Fade" tab. It is possible to use a seperate preset for both jobs.

I hope this helps.

Simon.

P.S. As far as I'm aware, there is no way of telling it what catagories to choose from for specific programmes under-running. It's one preset for all of the time.

I've got Autotrack Pro, so I'm not sure about standard AutoTrack, but mine is set to show up after scheduling any hours that are under-running so I can go into them in Myriad and manually fill them with something suitable. There may be a setting in Standard AutoTrack that does the same.

Simon Temby, Programme Controller, Auckland Hospital Radio.
Edited
12 Years Ago by Simon Temby
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search