Nexus Server v1.0.14 Beta

Nexus Server v1.0.14 Beta

Author
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not sure who else may have upgraded to test this new version out (Presenters love the new look of the client interface and its large clock date display) but I have now lost the server part of this program, when starting it either by double click on desktop icon shortcut or via a fresh system reboot and using the boot stuff program all I am now getting is the splash screen loading with both icons going green followed by nothing?

Its as thou its just shutting itself down, so has anyone got any suyggestions what to try as being a beta version did not want to trouble the support desk as while this is used by all presenters its not a mission critical program and we can continue without it.

Should say I have left it for a couple of days with no change other than it went off to do one of its automatic backup routines then nothing again.

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Mark,

Can you try uninstalling it and then re-installing it with the latest release (if it's on the same PC as Nexus itself then they MUST be exactly the same version).

If still no joy, can you run the .exe with /debug on the command line, raise a support ticket with us and then send us a support file which should include the debug files?

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)Forum Sage (22K reputation)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the super fast response Wink if I un-install it will that not mess up the licence needing your end to reset it?

The server and client are on separate dedicated machines and are both using the same version, I have un-installed the previous 1.12 version off both machines but this did not help, will do an un-install of the server and re try followed by your recommendation if no joy.

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage

OK have un-installed then re-installed with no difference so did a debug which I will now send via email, I took a quick look and it would appear to be failing to see its database

Add Logging Entry: 32,1,Nexus Database Opened,P Squared Nexus Database (M:\Nexus\Nexus.mdb),1,False

Regards
Mark Carney

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account