Clash with Audition 1

Clash with Audition 1

Author
VoxRadio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)Forum Sage (831 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have Audio Wall only currently and I'm having issues with then recording output using Audition 1. Sometimes it will not record. You click the record and it counts up no wave for appears until you click the cart on myriad.

Would an upgrade to audition CS5.5 solve this issues. We are still on XP.

Thanks

S
philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There is a massive change in the user interface between Audition 1 and the latest version. So there will be a bit of a learning curve. It confuses me when I use Audition 3 at one station when I'm used to using Audition 1 and 1.5 elsewhere - slows me down no end.

You don't state what Soundcard you are using, but it sounds like Myriad is trying to use the device which you want to record from in Audition, if doing things in Myriad makes Audition start to work.

Is there a reason you want to record into Audition and not directly into a cart in Myriad? This works great plus for a lot of basic editing the built in Smooth Edit works fine (especially in the latest versions of Myriad were there seems to have been lots of performance tweaks.)

First stop would be to check which device you are recording from in Audition - make sure it is the actual device and not 'Windows Wave Mapper' or something similar.

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
Edited
13 Years Ago by philedmonds
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search