Autotracks importing music from audiowall.

Autotracks importing music from audiowall.

Author
Roger Woods
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)Forum Sage (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I have been driven crazy by a couple of, and I'll call them bugs, today that has really slowed what should and has been a really simple process of adding tracks to catergories in Autotrack v3.1.49. Even my mild mannered music manger has been prone to swearing not once but twice in frustration... and behaviour like this from him must mean somethings very wrong!

Here's what we normally do to add new music to our playlist on a sunday.

1. Download new tunes from 'I Like Music'.

2. Ingest to Audiowall in Myriad 3.6.1

3. Correct labeling errors, set intro/extro & hook, add artist photo and notes, change background and text colours, then save

3. Open Autorack 3.1.49

4. Open Cart browser to new music cart numbers, click the bi-coloured 'import' button and set to import to 'A-list', now via a drop down box (before it defalted to 'A List')

5. Review record card and update info therein and apply.

6. Move olds tracks out of 'A B & C lists' to other caterories.

7. Schedule.

8. Update database.

9. Close.

10 Make Tea, drink with biscuit (of two)!

TODAY... everything to step 4 fine, no problems what so ever!

For some unexpected reason... irrespective of what catergory you tell Autroacks to import the music to, it uses the catergories set in the Audiowall.  So if the track is imported as a POP it gets imported to the POP catergory, despite telling Autotracks to import to, as an example, 'A list'. I eventually discovered this after much head scratching and having to search by artist to find out where 14 new tracks had vanished to. I then had to open each record card and change the category to move it to where it should be.

This made a very simple and usualy quick task several hours long... as for my Music Manger he's presently rebuilding and adding large numbers of song; this afteroon he add over 100 and as far as I'm aware he's still try to track down where they've ended up in Autotracks to put them in the correct catergory!

Why fix something that ain't broke!

Any oneelse suffering from a lack of Tea?

Roger.

Roger Woods
Producer/Presenter/Engineer
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search