Autotrack crashing since upgrade

Autotrack crashing since upgrade

Author
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi there

we've recently upgraded to the latest version fo autotrack. We were quite a few versions old and it crashes with an unhandled exception when its trying to push the schedule to the playout. Oddly it schedules ok up to 25th March and after 28th. I assume its something to do with compatibility with the different versions of Myriad and Autotrack and the fact I've been moving PC's around.  I guess autotrack is trying to push playlists when some already exist on the target PC, so where do I look to delete these errornous playlist or fool autotrack into thinking they're already on the playout?

Epsom HR

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)Forum Sage (253K reputation)

I'd try to unschedule the last few weeks and then reschedule. this may get rid of any old scheduling thats still in place, fingers crossed for you

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

Thanks Paul

Scheduling isn't a problem its the 'send to playout'.  In fact even 'remove from playout' over the affected date range causes the problem

I'm sure I can delete records out of one of the access databases but haven't worked out yet where Myriad puts stuff and what other cleanup work Id need to do.
regards
Chris

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Chris,

first thing to try is creating a brand New Myriad Station Database, let this be the only one that Autotrack connects too and see if you have simialr problems.

It might also be worth a compress/repair on the current station database, certainly we would advise that before you open it in MS Access.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage

Thanks Dave

I tried a new database but needed an enabler code, so I took a copy of the MDB before and after doing some minor schedule changes. Basically to see what gets changed. I deleted all the entries out of the Logs table with MSAccess and replaced the live MDB with the new on. Then with autotrack I removed from playout then unscheduled everything, Then rescheduled and send to playout. All ok now!

I guess it was do with mixing log entries between different versions of autotrack and/or Myriad

regards
Chris

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)

chrisspring (25/03/2011)
Thanks Dave

I tried a new database but needed an enabler code, so I took a copy of the MDB before and after doing some minor schedule changes. Basically to see what gets changed. I deleted all the entries out of the Logs table with MSAccess and replaced the live MDB with the new on. Then with autotrack I removed from playout then unscheduled everything, Then rescheduled and send to playout. All ok now!

I guess it was do with mixing log entries between different versions of autotrack and/or Myriad

regards
Chris

Sounds like you've created a new Autotrack Database if it's asking for an enabler code. You want to create a new 'Station Database' - obviously something got corrupted - or at least had an entry which Autorack didn't like.

Effectively you've done by a round about method the same - by deleting entries in the database in Access you've forced Myriad / Autotrack to rebuild the tables - I'd have still opted for getting Myriad to create a new database option myself, just to make sure all the correct entries have been created.

I've had similar issues in the past when users have tried to push the same schedule period multiple times into a Myriad v2.6 Q-Nxt database (a.k.a. Station Database in v3 parlance), causing all sorts of problems with Myriad and Autotrack getting confused that only creating a new clean schedule database fixed.

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
PenistoneFMCommunityRadio
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)

We have had numerous problems with pushing the schedule since we upgraded back in March to a server. The proble we have is intermittent. Sometime when we push the schedue from AUTOTRACK it works fine, however a number of times the push causes a database corruption which we need support to recover.

The most recent incident we had I paster the sequence below. I should point out that on this occasion we also had a Server RAID disk array error wich we have not yet got to the bottom of.

Amended clock assignments

Unscheduled from Sat AM

Scheduled

When connecting to Myriad to push schedules, autotrak closed down

Re opened, schedules were present in autotrack

Checked Myriad and no log present (on air machine still playing through log in auto-fade)

Right click to add log not working

Everytime try to send schedule from Autotrack, it just shuts down.

Closed down all PC's accessing the server

rebooted server

Server had 14 outstanding updates to install.

Upon boot up, following error occurred "One or more drives are either missing or not responding" Array#0-Raid-1" have missing or rebuilding or failed members and are degraded"

Loud constant warning beep form machine, Let the server go into default action. It then started to boot up, but returned to this error.

Manual rebooted, and although error repeated, it then went onto boot up seemingly normal.

Problems still exist with autotrak and no log etc

On admin PC, we had an initial "Intel RST service error" which has now gone - Not sure what this does.

Whilst the sequence of events above occurred most recenty we have had quite a few "database" corruption issues since migrating to Windows 7 and the server configuration.

It is getting to te point that when we push the new schedule, we are crossing our fingers that it is going to be successful. If it does not work our only method of recovery it to leave the system on CD emergency backup until Technical Support can logon the next day to fix the problem. I would like to know the root cause

If anyone else has had similar problems I would be most inerested to find out please!

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (191K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Just a quick response to this last post - as i know technical support are looking into it for you.

You can access the database repair tool yourself, you don't need to wait until our technical support team is available to remote control in.

To do this you need to make sure the "Station Database" (i.e the log and database tabs) are not open on any copy of Myriad, you can do this by going to the file menu and choosing "Close Station Database".

Myriad will still operate manually from the Audiowall, and you could have an emergency playlist configured to run from "the Pad". If you have never used the pad, have a look at the following tutorial http://streaming.planetwideradio.com/Static/Learning-Center/Myriad-Courses/General-Users/low/4%20-%20The%20Pad.wmv 

You can then use "The Emergency Recovery Utility" to repair the Station Database http://streaming.planetwideradio.com/Static/Learning-Center/Myriad-Courses/Administrators-Course/low/07%20-%20Compact%20Repair%20Database.wmv again this is the tutorial video on how to perform this task.

If this fails, you need to check that there are no copies of Myriad stuck in memory of any of the PC's, or you can try to manually delete the "database name".ldb file, which can be found in the Schedule folder alongside the .mdb (- *.ldb is the database locking file, to indicate that someone has exclusive rights to that database, and no other actions can be perfrormed on it until the lock has been cleared).

hope this helps.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)Forum Sage (5.7K reputation)

David,

Thank you for this information which I will pass onto the team. Hopefully we should be able to resolve soon.
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)

When I search for something in audio browser on autotrack 3.5.1 it seems to just show all the audio files and not actually do a search for me.

any ideas?

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search