Moved AutoTrack Database

Moved AutoTrack Database

Author
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

When we originally setup AutoTrack & Myriad we didn't have a proper server to host it all on. We moved to a new server in the summer and ever since then, when loading up AutoTrack we have had to manually change the database location eachtime to the new location of the database.

I have checked the registry on the machines effected and changed the default database address value but it seems to revert back to the old location.

This is annoying as it cause headaches for people when accessing AutoTrack.

Thanks
philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)Forum Sage (43K reputation)

You need to run Autotrack as a windows user with 'administrator' rights in order for saved settings to 'stick' - are you running as a limited user?

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Yes I believe they were. Thanks Phil I will give it a go.
erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage

I have tried this running under an administrator and the locations do not change still.
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)Forum Sage (524K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
If you are running Vista or Windows 7 then it's possible that Windows has 'virtualized' (Microsofts "Z" not mine) the setting. You will need to look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WOW6432Node\PSquared\AutoTrack etc. and then alter it there.

Failing that, it might be worth raising a support ticket and we have a look by remote

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search