End, Sustain not showing

End, Sustain not showing

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
All our carts have been marked, end fade sustain etc, but only a small percentage of them actually show up in the database,
do I have to run something to update this info ?

OR is there a bug ?
using latest full release of myriad and autotrak.

Thanks
Paul

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

JamesHarrison
JamesHarrison
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

If you're using AutoTrack you (afaik) need to import them each as songs to the AutoTrack database, which is different to the Myriad database and AudioWall. Once you've imported them to AutoTrack you can send that lot to Myriad via the Playout tab in AutoTrack, at which point they'll all show up once more in the Myriad database tab.

James Harrison
Head of Technology 2010-11 
Insanity Radio 1287AM 
http://www.insanityradio.com
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

the songs have all been imported into Autotraks database, all in categories, but the end/sustains etc doesnt show up in myriad database.

it stopped showing the endings when we did the last update i think....maybe even before this, but nowi'm tidying up our database Ive noticed this and would like to sort it.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Paul,

can you confirm that the recent songs you have added are showing up in the Myriad Database View? This will tell if the update from Autotrack is working?

Did you go thru the data in Autotrack and add this information in if it was not there initially? Did you go thru the Audiowall and add this information?

If it is the latter and the Song cards were already in Autotrack, then you will need to go onto the song card and press the "Re-read" button. WARNING: this re-reads all the information in from the Audiowall and wipes over the Song Card, so if you have corrected spellings, artist names this will also be overwritten.

You could also use the "Myriad Audiowall Update Utility" in Autotrack, but this is extremely dangerous as this can significantly alter the data in your database.

Regards

David Boulton

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

These are all the songs we are editing and yes they appear in myriads database view, I have clicked re-read and the data now appears, eg ends, sustain, looks like i will have to reread every track...... good job we only have 25,000 done so far. !

definely a bug somewhere, surely if these carts are brand new and are being imported into autotrak it should pick up the end info.

Its a gentle reminder then that when you import a new cart double check all info is present, which now means we must tick the box review each cart, which in turn means we can now only import 50 carts at once or crash hits !
Unless this has been fixed? autotrak used to crash if you imported more than 50 at once, although it's not very oftne i import that many at once now we have the database in place.

thanks for all your help ;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Edited
13 Years Ago by paulmoore
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Well as hinted at, you can use the "Myriad Audiowall Update Utility" - BUT IT IS DANGEROUS.

You can import all the information from the audiowall, back into Autotrack, this can be limited down to just the timing and endtype. 

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Maybe you could introduce a to and from cart number on this audiowall update ?
then we could choose a few or all carts to be updated, doing the whole wall wrong would be unbearable !

Ive decided to reread every cart anyway, double checking the year entry and hook and in out, 1,000 done today, 24,000 to go....
a slow but worthwhile task i think as once it's done I'll have a superb database.

and a lesson is learnt by all, BEFORE importing any tracks always enter ALL the information first.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

David Boulton
David Boulton

Paul,

a range of carts on that tool is a great idea!

I'll put it into the dev team for consideration for the next round of Autotrack Updates.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage

Thanks, also while we are on the topic of future things, I always change the order of the cart display when searching and resize the columns, Title, Artist,End type, length.
I have to do this eveytime, can we not get this to remember ?

Also 1 really annoying thing, custom colours,  I save the colour then eveytime we shut down the custom colour dissappears,  I have notes of my color numbers, but its just and annoying niggle;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums