Auto track freezing

Auto track freezing

Author
radiosthelier
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all

Having tried to get autotrack to schedule, it seems to hang on me

When it goes to select the first songs it sits and does nothing at all, the three coloured balls continue to turn which suggests that it has not crashed.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks

Kevin

Radio St Helier

Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

I've seen this happen before, as you say it becomes unresponsive, but after about 5 minutes I've found it comes back to life having generated a schedule and pushed it out to myriad.

It apears it's only the GUI that 'hangs'... it is strange when it happens though.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.

Edited
14 Years Ago by Craig Arthur
Mark Carney
Mark Carney
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)Forum Sage (23K reputation)

Hi Kevin,

As Craig says I to have seen this when we do a large schedule push, it appears to stop working although as you say the three coloured balls continue to turn if you leave it alone it will as Craig says push to Myriad.

I assume you are also doing a biggish schedule push?

I have left it for 10mins + before now and it has always worked, it is as if the programs GUI freezes when compiling the data to push over.

Regards
Mark Carney
Chief Executive & Technical Advisor
Digital Hits Network Limited

Digital Hits One
Home of the Big Hits ...
Online . DAB . 104.4fm
www.digitalhits.one
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)Forum Sage (255K reputation)

Same happens to me evertime I schedule, I leave it alone and come back in 10 mins, have also noticed that if you try to do anything else on the pc at all, even move the mouse then AT crashes.

does it everytime if I want it too !

suppose its pushing quite a bit of data across the network.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

radiosthelier
radiosthelier
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)Forum Sage (2.7K reputation)

thanks for your help, we have managed to reslove the issue

Cheers

Kevin

Bruce
Bruce
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)Forum Sage (46K reputation)

Don't keep us all in suspense - how did you resolve the problem?

Bruce

In charge of wires & stuff

Celtic Music Radio http://www.celticmusicradio.net

John Williamson
John Williamson
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)Forum Sage (53K reputation)

Have you compressed your database at all?

John, Bay Trust Radio

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Yes = please tell what helped this, I'd always thought it was a bit of network congestion and am going to experiment by changing my autotrack machines to 1GB net cards to see if that speeds things up a bit because too much AT activity can sometimes cause stuttering on carts playing on other machines.

And, off topic, but did anyone else get about 8 notifications of the last message posted here?
radiosthelier
radiosthelier
Forum Sage

Sorry, I have not logged on since, having tried many things we searched through all of the songs on the database via the search function on Auto track, doing this meant that we were able to start scheduling again.
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (192K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Radiosthelier,

Did you just search while the schedule window was open and midway through a schedule?

Did you then change any of the data, open any song / link cards?

Was the re-creatable, i.e did you close Autotrack and try scheduling again and it all worked?

As much information posted here as possible of how you fixed it, will not only be useful to everyone here who has asked, but also to us so that we can try and resolve these issues before they get to you.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums