Scheduling a one-off Christmas special

Scheduling a one-off Christmas special

Author
Matt
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone

Merry Christmas to you all!

One of our presenters is pre-recording a 3 hour Christmas special at home and will be sending me the whole show as an mp3 which I'll import into Myriad.

It needs scheduling to go out at some point on Christmas day as a one-off.

Should I just schedule normally in Autotrack and then add the show into the log at the right time manually using Myriad (and deleting out the 3 hours worth of scheduled music & links it replaces)?

Will Myriad try to do anything funky when it tries to run to time when it's asked to play a 3 hour cart?

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
Phoenix Hospital Radio, Burton on Trent
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

If I had a cart that was 3 hours, I would

1. Add it to autotrack with an ending "ends"

2. Add it manually into the first hour and depending on the timing add jingles to try and make it go into the news at the end of the 3 hours on time.

3. Change that hour to "auto"  rather tha a-fade

4. Soft delete the other two hours (you can do this with the option you get whilst right clicking the hour header).

5. If the programme actually runs more than a few mins short of 3 hours, then make use of the second of those soft deleted hours by undeleting/inserting however many fadeable songs you need to fill the gap and the news jingle. (This hour would be on auto fade).

6. If the three hour cart is too long to fit iwithout over running into the news, drop the news.

There isn't that I know of anyway any reason to not be able to play a 3 hour cart, we use 2 hour ones quite a lot, so it's just a case of fiddling around a bit to get it to fit.

Hope that helps.

Neil

Matt
Matt
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Thanks Neil

That's pretty much what I had in mind, so fingers crossed that will work!

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
Phoenix Hospital Radio, Burton on Trent
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums