Schdeuling an hour of one artist or group

Schdeuling an hour of one artist or group

Author
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I seem to populate this particular forum lately!

Is there a simpler way to allow AutoTrack to schedule a clock of one particular artist, where the station rules say don't play the same artist within 2 hours of the previous play?

The only way I have found so far is to reenter all the songs by the artist as new song cards (duplicate) and then rename the artist so they are all different (such as 'Beatles 1964 single', 'Beatles 1967 album', etc). Then in theory AutoTrack would see them all as different artists. Fiddly though.

Am I missing a trick? It would be really useful to be able to let AutoTrack choose the music rather than the presenter having to manually do it or go through the fiddly method above.

If there isn't an easier option, would it be an idea to have some sort of rule override function which you can add to the clocks to dictate that a certain rule does not apply for this particular clock?

All help appreciated!

Adam
Seaside Hospital Radio

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

You can use a category - artist specific, but I think you'd need a category for each separate artist if you are going to do lots of different specific artists

Then you create duplicate autotrack entries for the songs you want in the artist specific category

Then in the clock for that show, in the lines for songs, tell it they have to come from the artist specific category

does that make sense?
Darren Holmes
Darren Holmes
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)Forum Sage (2.4K reputation)

Could you not give the songs a Style, say "Beatles" then set up a clock with Beatles as the style! I use this to create a "Disco" clock, but then I dont have an issue with the same artist, I am not sure what Autotrack would prioritise in terms of scheduling, the same artist rule or the Style rule.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search