complicated scheduling problem!

complicated scheduling problem!

Author
hmburg
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)Forum Sage (31K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We have a 30 minute cart that is scheduled at 10.00pm. The trouble is, presenters in the previous hour who don't use Myriad tend to try and go into automation at a few minutes past the hour. When they do this Myriad "jumps" the 30 min cart and goes to the next cart.  We do not have Autotrack Pro, is there any way we can ensure that even if a presenter starts automation late Myriad will not drop the 30 minute cart but play it?  As we don't have the luxury of a news break at the top of the hour this is causing huge problems for us! Any ideas gratefully received.
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)

You don't say what's scheduled in the other half hour, but if it's just lots of individual music tracks, unless I'm missing something, it sounds like you have too many scheduled and it's therefore choosing to drop the 30 minute show (I assume it's a show) in order to play the rest of the hour.  You could try scheduling less items in the second half hour so that it selects them to drop/fade rather than the 30 minute long item.  This might be too obvious to be applicable but I've had past success at starting with the obvious when trying to slve a problem. 

Neil

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Can't you just right click on the half hour cart and tell the machine that it cannot be dropped? Then it has to drop something else to run to time
Andy Read
Andy Read
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)Forum Sage (26K reputation)

Or schedule the 30 minute programme as a LINK rather than a SONG. That way, Myriad shouldn't drop it.

I guess it then just falls down to where Myriad goes to when clicking HOME?? 

I schedule 'interviews' in that manner, so it can only ever drop songs around it, when it selects a particularly long interview for the hour slot.

Andy Read
Hospital Radio Bedside - Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Wimborne

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Of course Andy is right

I have this problem with over length one hour programmes that come into us (in Spain) and have to be chopped into four segments so we can fit adverts into the hour

The last of the four sections has to be changed to a song with a fade ending so that the machine can run to time up to the next news break; the last section also has to be marked as this cannot be dropped
philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)

hmburg (10/27/2010)
We have a 30 minute cart that is scheduled at 10.00pm. The trouble is, presenters in the previous hour who don't use Myriad tend to try and go into automation at a few minutes past the hour. When they do this Myriad "jumps" the 30 min cart and goes to the next cart.

here by lies the clue - I assume 'hmburg's presenter is going from 'Standby' / No active playout state to an active playout mode - i.e. 'live' 'auto' or 'auto fade'.

If you have your q-nxt / station database settings set to 'automatically jump to home' (can't recall the exact wording) when starting automation the system tries and works out the best place in the log to start playback. I assume as the time is now later than 10.00, Myriad is thinking the second item in the log is probably nearer the right time to start.

The work around here is not to have your station database set to do this - and then ensure that when starting automation the presenter manually 'highlights' the correct item to that needs to be played first before clicking 'automation'. (Generally clicking 'home' will suffice in most cases to get to the right place, but in this specific case the presenter needs to ensure the he/she scrolls to the specific item needed.)

The down side with this is ensuring that this always happens and you don't get people playing the wrong part of the log and getting undesired side effects (like back to back jingles and adverts while the system does it's best to get back to the right time).

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search