PS/2 to USB converter

PS/2 to USB converter

Author
Chris Weaving
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)Forum Sage (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi.

I have a Myriad keyboard with a PS/2 plug.

Can I use a PS/2 to USB converter with the keyboard for use on a new P.C. with no PS/2 input (USB only)?

I was looking at the Belkin PS2 F to USB M Adapter, however this states "this connector adapter is only suitable for USB compatible devices".

Chris.

Andrew Burns
Andrew Burns
Support Engineer, P Squared Ltd.
Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)

Hi Chris,

We have successfully used the Belkin F5U119EAE adapter with the current Myriad keyboards with no problems.  This gives you a PS/2 mouse and keyboard socket and emulates a PS/2 port for each.

The older keyboards worked on very similar controllers, so I see no reason why they would not also work with this adapter.

The smaller Belkin CC3025AED, which you may be the one you are looking at, does not work with the Myriad keyboards, so I would stay clear of that one in this case.

Regards,

Andrew

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)Forum Sage (96K reputation)

Thanks for that info Andrew.

Chris - did it work? We have the older white myriad keyboards and would be interested in finding out.

cheers - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search