AutoTrack "do not drop item" option

AutoTrack "do not drop item" option

Author
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
In ATPro, when building a clock, you have the option to unmark any log item to make it not droppable by Myriad (also do not fade option too I believe).

Now, we have several pre-recorded shows which go out regularly, and the clocks are built up of pre-rec voice link carts and a semi-fixed playlist of songs.

Some of the songs must stay in the log (not to be dropped) so I mark those in the clocks in ATPro. All the others and the idents are chosen by ATPro when scheduling according to show and station rules.

however...

Although I unmark them in the clocks, when it comes to Myriad playing it back, I see that it drops the songs if it feels like it, even though they were marked to not be dropped in playback.

Very annoying. Is there some way to sort this like a setting I've missed (quite likely!)?

One other thing, when scheduling, and despite the "update song information when sending schedule" option unticked, ATPro still sometimes updates song information! It takes ages and always seems to happen when I'm in a hurry to leave. Is it some automatic setting that ATPro does to make sure that Myriad is constantly up-to-date or is it not working as it should?

We're on v3.1.43.

Thanks

Adam
Seaside HR - Worthing & Shoreham

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)Forum Sage (98K reputation)

Hiya,

In terms of it not 'not dropping items'

This setting is being ignored because of an override (Turned in by default) in AutoTrack settings. To turn off the override you will need to go to ‘Settings > Database Settings > Playout Settings (Tab) > Select and edit you playout system > Uncheck the ‘allow any song to be dropped’ tick box (Image Below.).

This worked for me when I asked Psquared about it months ago.

Matt

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk

Adam James
Adam James
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)Forum Sage (29K reputation)

Ooo thanks Matt, I will investigate it at the weekend! Sounds promising.

Adam

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search