specific Song Type out of news

specific Song Type out of news

Author
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

We have a C list item which is one of 37 songs that gets played out of the news on certain clocks, but how can I make sure that a Type of Clist doesn't get played anywhere else in the Clock without setting all other songs in our database to be 'Not Clist'. Currently I'm getting a lot of unscheduled tracks out of the news where a Clist has been used elsewhere in the clock.

cheers

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)Forum Sage (256K reputation)

why dont you move the 37 tracks into a new category and adjust the clocks to suit. that way you should only get those tracks after the news.

and this leaves the rest of the clist intact ! ?

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)Forum Sage (20K reputation)

nice thought but if we've got an 80's show I would only want an 80's song out of the C List. I can't have the same song in 2 categories CList and 80's.

It would get messy if I switched type with category and had an 80s type for a Clist category and I'ld have to restructure the database as all my clocks are based on category rules.

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
This would be easy with AutoTrack Pro because you could use a Type to do the job but if you have only AutoTrack then you could still do it with a Style.

Basically, define a style that is 'out of news' and then mark songs you want to have that style in any of the categories.

In ATP you can set a style on a clock item but you can't in standard Autotrack so instead you will need to switch to a Show Rule that forces 'out of news style' just before the first song, then switch back to the standard Show Rule directly afterwards.

It is a bit extra setup but once it is in the clock it should work ok.

Or you can upgrade to ATP ;-)

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
chrisspring
chrisspring
Forum Sage

IF my rule says select anything from category 50s,60s,70's

My out of news song is Type: CLIST, style: outofnews so it'll select from any of the 37 songs assuming they are in any of the 3 categories.

My second song has no type and no style set so it'll select anything from the rule including any type or any style which will include anything outofnews? don't I now need a style saying 'notoutofnews'?

Chris Spring

Epsom Hospital Radio

Engineering
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search