Powerlog 3.6 problem

Powerlog 3.6 problem

Author
Simon Temple
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Just had to reinstall Powerlog server 3.6.17, after both parts of raid drive failed.

It seems to be running fine, with plenty of data being stored, and has a new licence from P2 Towers

However Client 3.6.17, now gives this perplexing error

"All of the logs in the specified directory are either not valid or can not be reached"

"1 of 1 logs have expired licences!"

but I can see the shared directory fine, and as I said the server has a brand new licence from P2.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Simon, HB Sheffield

Charlotte
Charlotte
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)Forum Sage (1.2K reputation)

I have had a few similar problems in the past. Have you checked the settings and reselected the log folder for each channel? Click the spanner icon underneath the (hopefully) green button and, in the Client settings tab you will find Log Folder. Try reselecting this and see how you go.

We had problems with crashes etc. on all versions of Powerlog until v4.0.37 which fixed a memory leak which seemed to cause it to lock up. It doesn't sound as if you have had that problem but it may be worth updating anyway.

philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)Forum Sage (42K reputation)

[b]

We had problems with crashes etc. on all versions of Powerlog until v4.0.37 which fixed a memory leak which seemed to cause it to lock up. It doesn't sound as if you have had that problem but it may be worth updating anyway.

However the OP said they were using Powerlog v3 - so they probably can't upgrade to v4 without paying for an upgrade.

The final version of Powerlog v3 is very stable in my experience, only issue I know is that exporting mono audio from a stereo log in Powerlog v3 client sums the left and right channels, without any level reduction resulting in clipped audio if your record level is high. This is resolved in Powerlog v4.

I'd double check that you have the correct log selected in the client and that you are not trying to access some remnants of the old system. I'm not sure how exactly Power Server tells the client the licence as expired (I seem to recall the system keeps recording, you're just locked out of listening to the logs). No doubt PSquared rightly wouldn't want to tell us the finer details of this.

I'd suggest that in Powerlog server there is a utility to manage your Powerlog directory file, check this only lists the logs you want - not something old, then point your client at that. I can't immediately recall if you are using Powerlog Lite if you don't get this and you just have to point the client at the 'logger1' (or whatever it is called) directory.

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search