Defining How Many Ads In An Ad Break

Defining How Many Ads In An Ad Break

Author
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

Hope this is the correct place to post this, how do you define how many ads you want in a break in an AutoTrack clock? We are going to have 4 ads in a break so I have entered xx:04 for the ad break, however Ad Manager is scheduling more than that, about 7.

How can I change it?

Dan
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

the XX:04 in Autotrack is the time in the hour where you want the break to be scheduled. 

How many breaks are you trying to schedule per hour and to you have a marker in Autotrack for each one? 

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.

erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)Forum Sage (35K reputation)

Hi

Ok I thought the xx:04 was saying how many ads were needed.

We are trying to schedule 3 ad breaks, one at 15 mins past, again at 30 mins past and then at 45 mins past, obviously these may be slightly off due to music and presenter chat.

We will also need to play the IRN advert at the TOTH when required.

I have entered 3 ad break markers in the hour at around the correct time of the clock. I want to be able to make Ad Manager fill them ad breaks with 4 ads each
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

So in each hour you need to place adverts marked:

xx:15

xx:30

xx:45

You also need to define those breaks in advert manager with the break time matching those in autotrack.  The times are only used to match up the schedule with the log. 

As for only having 4 ads per break not too sure about that as I don't use ad manager... should probably fix that at some point.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager

erewashsound
erewashsound
Forum Sage

Cheers for that, ok so if you can't define how many ads are in a break in AutoTrack, how do I change the default 1:30 ad break duration time?
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage

It's in Autotrack under database settings.  Once the pop up box opens click on characteristics, the time setting is the 2nd bottom option.

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search