Autotrack Pro v3.1.43

Autotrack Pro v3.1.43

Author
showbizshane
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)Forum Sage (87K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Not sure if this is a bug on our PC but AutoTrack pro v3.1.43 doesn't support the playback of mp3's. They can be programmed and saved but not played. All WAV files are fine

MP3's in Myriad v3.5 and externally in Cool Edit Pro v2 work without any problems.

Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
That is correct.

AutoTrack v3.5 will add MP3 playback as it uses the MYriad v3.5 playour engine where as the current AutoTrack release is based on Myriad v3.

AutoTrack v3.5 is under development and we expect to release more details soon.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
Andy Tijou
Andy Tijou
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)Forum Sage (8.5K reputation)

Hi,

We've just stumbled upon this problem too, and I've been trying to think of ways around it.

I havn't looked too closely at how Myriad saves it's wav files yet, and I won't be able to till sometime this evening, but I'd assume that it saves them as PCM wavs?

Would myriad still play files saved as an ACM Wav, as you can compress ACM wav files.

Regards
Andy

Chief Engineer

Epsom Hospital Radio
www.epsomhospitalradio.org.uk

Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Yes you can use ACM compressed wavs.

The most common will be IMA ADPCM and this can be set as your default audio format if you wish.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700
philedmonds
philedmonds
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)Forum Sage (44K reputation)

Just loaded my first batch of MP3 format songs to the audiowall (using Myriad v3.5.12).

They are a bunch of new releases which I have as MP3 files - and thought I might as well leave them in MP3, if only to make it easier to spot which to replace once I obtain CD copies of the tracks.

I've come to add the details into Autotrack v3.1.42 - as expected it won't play the audio, but I can listen via Myriad and tab between so not a huge problem.

However once I save my new song card and go back to Myriad the cart is showing as 'no audio'.

I notice that I'm running Autortrack v3.1.42 - and that in the v3.1.43 updates list includes a fix for "problems if the Cart was not a WAV file."

A look in my audiowall directory shows that my 'MYR0xxxx.MP3' files are still there - just that Myriad doesn't pick them up. I'm assuming because Myriad now thinks they should be WAV's.

Short of reimporting the MP3's is there a way of getting Myriad to 'find' these MP3's?

--
Myriad user since 1998, now custodian of dozens of Myriad,Autotrack, Powerlog and Scoop boxes of many different flavours.
http://www.philedmonds.com
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search