Backup restore problem

Backup restore problem

Author
Chris Weaving
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all.

I use Myriad, Myriad Manager & Autotrack in my home studio.

I've not used the software for a few years, but I recently fired up my old studio P.C. with a fresh install of Windows XP Pro and 2 x 200 Gb Maxtor hard drives installed.

My old backup is a Big Lacie 400 Gb external drive, that connects to the P.C. via a USB 2 port.

I use Acronis True Image as my backup & restore software.

Anyway, the backup seemed to be going fine (I do it in 2 portions, as each hard drive is backed up as seperate images).

I've tried to restore the first backup (after a few errors on my part), and keep getting the same error message after Acronis states the backup was successfully restored.

The error message I'm getting is something like D:\Secure is corrupted and unreadable.

D:\ is my actually my second hard disc, labelled as "MYRIAD DISC", as it is on the backup drive. It has a full 189 Gb capacity.

The other drive is partitioned with XP Pro on the first hard drive, with Windows having 20 Gb, with the remainder (approx 169 Gb) partitioned for Myriad and labelled "MYRIAD#2", which is mirrored on the backup drive.

This error occurs after the backup, and also when I shut down or restart the P.C.

I am also unable to access the drive until after a re-boot, when everything seems fine, and I can see all the folders and relevant files that have been restored.

I have not attempted to restore the second image for hard drive 2 as yet due to the problem with the first image.

Once resotred, I was hoping to transfer the data and licences to a new P.C., but I want to get my old system working first.

I appreciate this is not a "pro" set-up, but as I've said, it's used in a home studio.

P.S. I did use XP Home when I first started using Myriad a few years back (naughty, I know, as it's not supported!).

However, I am now using XP Pro, but I don't think that will be a cause of this issue.

I have done a Google search on the error message, which didn't help much.

Conflicts with Norton Security (I have Norton 360 installed on the P.C) and I.E. 8 (which I also have installed) are mentioned, but I fail to understand how these could be the cause.

Any help and/or advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Chris.

Chris Weaving
Chris Weaving
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)Forum Sage (9.8K reputation)

"This error occurs after the backup, and also when I shut down or restart the P.C."

The above should read "This error occurs after the image is restored, and also when I shut down or restart the P.C."

Chris Weaving
Chris Weaving
Forum Sage

I also forgot to mention that one error message I get suggests I use CHKDISK, which I have done - there's no problem with the hard drive itself.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search