Echo Gina Soundcard Problem

Echo Gina Soundcard Problem

Author
Ricky-EnergyFM
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)Forum Sage (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Problem:
Channel 2 of our 4 channel myriad setup has a difference between left and right outputs. With a test tone we are getting 6 on the left, and just under 5 on the right of the PPM.

I have swapped the ouputs of the echo Gina breakout box around and the problem duplicates itself on whatever mixer input i put it on.

The Gina 24 console shows that everything that can be balanced between left and right is equal but still we get this indifference which also shows up on the Gina 24 Console.

I have also looked in the windows sound controls which are all balanced although i'm not sure if these are over-ridden by the Gina 24 console.

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)Forum Sage (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Same problem on one of mine - am guessing there's an issue with the breakout box because no matter which PCI card it's plugged into, the audio input is not equal ... however, I solved it in the Echo console, having one input set at +10 and then slid the level on that channel down, whilst leaving the other alone - I still get slightly unbalanced left and right levels, but at least they are both sufficient

It's a hardware issue and these are obsolete items which I guess will have to be replaced in due course
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search