Editing Cart details default

Editing Cart details default

Author
Marley
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)Forum Sage (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a station and have to edit about 3000 carts in smoothedit. When I right click on a cart and open Smoothedit it defaults to track title for editing. As soon as I press space bar to play the track it deletes whatever is already in the track title. Very annoying!!

Is there anyway to stop the track title being the default editing point when you open smoothedit???

Cheers
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Marley,

If you hit the button on the toolbar to hide the descriptions, then when you go into smoothedit the 'focus' is already on the edit window (as the descriptions aren't there!) so then space will start it playing.

That may not be a great solution though, as obviously if you want to set intros extros etc. then you can't without displaying the descriptions.

I'll put a note in the to-do list and see if theres something we can do in a future version

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

along this strand when the song goes into edit i would like to instantly zoom to the start of the song which i do using the zoom to left of selection but this button is only available to me if i press 'go to beginning' arrow which i am after already at then the magnification button becomes live.

Whether this could be sorted or a new button placed which is 'zoom to start' and one which is 'zoom to end' as most of the time that is all that is needed.

I have not had great success with the remove silence button (do you have recommended setting anyone?)

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi All,

Good news for both Matt and Marley - both these have been included in the next release (v3.5.11 or higher)

Marley: Yours is a customise option that determines where to set focus

Matt: Yours was a bug thats now fixed.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Great News - thanks Peter.

Whilst you are at it could you sort it out so that there is a keyboard shortcut to save any changes and also the ability to jump each word in the title/artist fields by holding down the ctrl key and using the left and right cursor arrow keys.

M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search