Myriad with Axia IP-Audio driver

Myriad with Axia IP-Audio driver

Author
Andy Linton
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I'm trying out Myriad with the Axia IP-Audio drivers, with an Axia Element mixing console (www.axiaaudio.com).

Works great! No sound cards!

However one thing I don't know how to do, is to get the Axia console to start the Myriad players.

It should be possible, I think to map a virtual GPIO from the console to Myriad, but I assume certain jiggery-pokery will have to be done to both systems to get them talking.

It should also be possible to get Myriad to make the desk show 'end of item' etc warnings on the desk's displays, and get Myriad to turn the channel on if the player is started from the Myriad keyboard.

Anyone with any experience of this have any ideas?

ta

Andy.#

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Andy,

A little while ago we started down the AXIA certification path but we haven't progressed it very far yet. I did spend some time getting familiar with it all though, and I've attached a file I wrote a little while ago that Myriad v3.5 can use to recieve commands from the AXIA network.

You have to be running v3.5 though, and you need to turn on the Myriad Settings option to allow remote control via TCP/IP (even though in this case it's actually UDP!)

In terms of End Of Item etc. we did talk to AXIA about this but to achieve it means quite a lot of integration work so isn't something we can achieve easily. Anyone who manages it though we'd be keen to hear about!

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Attachments
Myriad35.zip (444 views, 411 bytes)
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

For those using Myriad v3.6 this is the updated version of the file

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Attachments
Myriad36.zip (452 views, 447 bytes)
Tags
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

‎28 November 2011, Cleveland Ohio, USA

UK-based P Squared Ltd. (www.psquared.net) is the latest radio automation provider to become an Axia Partner, joining more than 30 other hardware and software companies whose products connect to Livewire™ IP-Audio Networks.

David Boulton, Sales Manager of P Squared Ltd., says “We are very pleased to be partnering with Axia, a company with a huge reputation ...for quality and innovation, and a perfect partner for our latest generation of Broadcast software. With our Myriad and AutoTrack systems connected via Livewire, our clients’ broadcast IT can now be wired, installed, and staff trained in hours,
getting projects on-air faster than ever. And at much lower cost, too.”

As an Axia Partner, P Squared will offer their clients software solutions which integrate with the Axia IP-Audio Driver for Windows®, software which allows PCs to exchange audio directly with Livewire networks via NIC. P Squared will also be able to provide broadcasters with integration services which include complete Axia AoIP console + routing networks.

P Squared Ltd. joins the growing list of more than 30 Axia partners (www.AxiaAudio.com/partners/) offering products that integrate with Axia IP-Audio networks. Axia products include the popular Element, iQ and Radius AoIP mixing consoles, the IP-Intercom system, a family of “audio nodes” that allow easy networking of digital, analog and microphone audio, and a comprehensive suite of network administration and routing control software.

For more information, contact Clark Novak at Axia Audio by email at cnovak@AxiaAudio.com, or by phone at +1-216-241-7225.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums