Finding songs on audiowall that aren't in the database

Finding songs on audiowall that aren't in the database

Author
Matt
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi

I'm sure I used to be able to do this in AutoTrack v2, but since upgrading to v3 I've not been able to find a way to do it...

I need to find all carts that are on the audiowall that are not in the AutoTrack database.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
Phoenix Hospital Radio, Burton on Trent

bernard
bernard
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)Forum Sage (13K reputation)

In Autotrack

Under the Cart tab at the top menu, click advanced and select show carts not in the database ... then you can use the standard search facility to restrict your search to part or all of your audio wall

Hope that kind of makes sense - it is the same process as in version 2 but it's hidden a bit in version 3

Andrew Burns
Andrew Burns
Support Engineer, P Squared Ltd.
Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)

Hi Matt,

There is indeed a way to see Carts that have not yet been added to the AutoTrack database and then to import them into a Song or Jingle category.

You will need to open the Audio Browser, which you will find in the Carts menu.  Click the dropdown arrow next to the musical note in the top toolbar and select advanced from the dropdown menu.  This should give you the familiar version 2 style window for selecting Carts from various Song or Link categories or Carts that are NOT in the database.

Once you have selected the appropriate option, you will need to refresh the Audio Browser display by clicking the icon with a yellow folder and a magnifying glass one the second toolbar

From this window you can then mass import Carts into a Song or Link category using the red and blue disc icon in the top toolbar.

Regards,

Andrew

Liam Burke
Liam Burke
P Squared Employee
P Squared Employee (94K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
No problem,

In AutoTrack or AutoTrack Pro, click on the Carts menu and select Audio Browser.

Next, click on the Song filter drop down icon and select advanced.

On the Limit Cart Display window, select 'Only show carts that are not in the database' then click OK.

You may also wish to limit the range of Carts listed to a specific range (say just your music range).

Once you are happy, click on the Begin Search button to list the results.

The results listed will be all Carts on the Audio Wall in the selected range that are NOT in the AutoTrack Database.

Remember that you can then use the 'Import To AutoTrack' button to mass import selected Carts in to a specific Song or Link category.

Hope this helps.

Liam Burke - Broadcast Radio Ltd

Email: liamb@broadcastradio.com

Telephone: +44 1482 383700

Matt
Matt
Forum Sage

Hi

Sorry to drag this old thread up, but I tried to do this again over the weekend after upgrading Myriad and Autotrack to the latest version.

The 'advanced' screen seems to have changed and doesn't match Liam's screen shots any more.

There's an option to search for carts that haven't been 'seen' before, but this just returned all of the carts on the system.

Could you let me know how to do this in the latest version?

Thanks

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
Matt
Matt
Forum Sage

Anyone?

--
Matt Mansfield
Andrew Burns
Andrew Burns
Support Engineer, P Squared Ltd.
Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)

Hi Matt,

The process is the same in the latest version.  Are you using a different cart view in the browser screen?

Regards,

Andrew

Matt
Matt
Forum Sage

Hi Andrew

Hmm, not sure. I'm at the studio tomorrow night so I'll check it out again and get some screen shots if necessary.

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
bernard
bernard
Forum Sage

Matt

The process in Autotrack hasn't changed between versions, maybe you need to check you are actually selecting the right options, in particular the checkbox to restrict the search to only carts that are not in the database.

The instructions for this in v3 are here - http://support.psquared.net/Products/AutoTrack/v3.1/Public/Documentation/Autotrack-Pro-Quick-guides-cart-reports.pdf

Confusion seems to occur most in Myriad where users expect the database (songs tab in 2.6) entries to return everything on the audio wall itself. The database ( songs in 2.6) relates to the Autotrack database and will never return items that haven't been added to Autotrack. Even then, if your autotrack scheduling settings are not set to push new autotrack data to Myriad -- the database tab in Myriad is a copy of what Myriad is told is in autotrack. Settings for pushing the data are in the scheduling section of Autotrack, and you can push the data manually by using the last option, from memory with the "i" button, on the left of the screen. An alternate version is to select the option that pushes the data every time you reschedule.

Hope this helps
Matt
Matt
Forum Sage

Hi guys

Tried this again last night and it worked perfectly.

No idea what I couldn't see it at the weekend, although it had been a long day when I tried it! I think I was clicking the spanner type button (also labeled advanced) instead of the song/advanced button.

It's been a few years since I've been the one actually using Autotrack at our station, so it's taking some time getting used to it again!

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Mansfield
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....