Myriad keyboard response problem

Myriad keyboard response problem

Author
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)Forum Sage (85K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
If it's a Tipro keyboard (most are) then they are not standard PS/2 cables they have extra pins at the keyboard end.

I've bought stuff from them direct before http://www.tipro.co.uk/

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)

How much does a new cable cost?  How do we get one?  We are still getting this problem, not much, but annoying when it does happen and panics a few people as well.  The natural reaction seems to be to keep pressing QNXT or simply to reboot the computer, neither of which necessarily work.

Neil

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)Forum Sage (60K reputation)

IS the cable the same as an ordinary PS2 keyboard cable?  I suspect not although they look the same.  We don't have another cable to try.  How much do they cost?

Neil

Andrew Burns
Andrew Burns
Support Engineer, P Squared Ltd.
Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)Support Engineer,  P Squared Ltd. (30K reputation)

Hi Neil,

It sounds like the problem lies with either the keyboard or cable, as I would not expect a problem like this to be fixed by moving the cable at the keyboard end if it was the PC.  I suspect that the keyboard is buffering the key presses, and is then sending them all when the connection to the PC is re-established.

I would suggest that the easiest (and cheapest) thing to try is a replacement cable.  If you have two of the same Myriad keyboards at the station, then you could swap the cables and see if the problem remains with the keyboard or with the cable.

Regards,

Andrew

neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

We have an intermitttant problem with our Myriad keyboard.  Every so often it stops responding and you have to push hard on the where the cable plugs in at the back to make it return to life.  When it does, it seems to then go through all the actions that were done to it when it wasn't working i.e. if someone presses Q-NXT and it doesn't work, and then presses it again and again and again, when the cable is pushed in and it comes back to life it suddenly plays loads of songs all and skips through them in a few seconds which obviously causes problems espeically for the less experienced presenters who may be a bit wary of it anyway.

Is this likely to be a keyboard problem, or to do with the cable or the computer itself?  It has only started to happen recently.

Any thoughts?

Neil

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search