eMagic AudioWerk 8

eMagic AudioWerk 8

Author
TomHarrison
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have just bought an eMagic AudioWerk 8 soundcard second hand for use with the second Powernet workstation.  Once installed, the device does not show up on the first page of XP Sound Properties, but on the second page, displays the stereo pair outputs (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8)

In Myriad Config (v2.6), you can select the different stereo pair outputs, so I have 4 cart players on the respective pairs.

This is all well and good, and plays fine through each output, however, when you want to fade - its awful!

Fading any of the cart players fades out all of the pairs - even though they are on different outputs.

I am very confused and hope someone can help?  I have seen posts on here about the AudioWerk 8 card having problems - but I'm not sure from reading them what I can do...  from Google, people have complained of "useless MME drivers"...

Any ideas would be great!

Regards

Tom

TomHarrison
TomHarrison
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)Forum Sage (975 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Following on from above, I also get this message when using Cool Edit and Myriad at the same time:

"The specified device is already in use.  Wait until it is free, and then try again"

"The wave header was not prepared.  Use the prepare function to prepare the header, and then try again"

Argh!

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)Forum Sage (528K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Tom,

the first sounds like the emagic can only handle one master fade across all channels, rather than each channel pair having it's own individual fader - there may be a setting in it's software that lets you change this though.

The second is more problematic - most cards can be used by multiple applications simultaneously which is what happens when myriad is running (and has obviosly accessed the sound card) and then cool also wants to.

Again, this may be a setting you can adjust, but it may be a more fundamental driver issue - might be worth checking with the manufacturer in case they have an updated driver.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search