The Processing Tab in Scoop Capture allows you to configure the Source to retrieve information from locations within a source piece of text - say, downloaded from a website or recieved via email.
Normally, these fields are all pre-populated as supplied by P Squared - for instance for processing stories from Independent Radio News or Sky News Radio, however from time to time you may want to either adjust these or need to create your own processor to read information from another source.
A full explanation of the other options is beyond the scope of this document and you should contact P Squared Support if you need more, but here is a rough idea of how the Processing bit works:
- Cell is for when processing table based templates such as Sky News Radio's pages
- Line is which line in a piece of text (or text within a cell) to process - i.e. Line 2 on an IRN story
- Start is the character within that Line (or cell, or in the whole piece of text depending on if you have set the above) to start with
- Prefix is the characters that precede the info you are after - again, either in the line, cell or whole piece, and if you have set a start then after that number of chars.
- Length is for fixed length fields
- Suffix is if you want to copy in all text from the beginning of the field up to a known end tag. If you have specified a length, then the text is cropped before looking for an end tag
So you could say as simple as start from the 81st character and use 10 chars, or you could go as far as "find the 3rd cell, look for the second line in it, then starting from the 10th char on that line, look for <MYSTARTTAG> and copy no more than 100 characters, but look for <MYENDTAG> to crop the text early if it has one.
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.
Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness