Licences in SCOOP (edit)

Licences in SCOOP (edit)

Author
alex.davies
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)Forum Sage (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is an equivelent of powernet for SCOOP licenses? I am constantly changing PC's at the moment in preparation for our RSL and feel really bad constantly asking support for new licences because I have changed the PC/OS that I am using. Yet, I do have a stable PC that I could install the licence on which could then point the PC that I am using as my actual SCOOP edit machine at that moment to to get its license. It could check that there was never more than 1 client connected, in much the same way that Myriad does.

Is there any way of doing this in SCOOP, and if not is it planned? I am about to have to write an email asking for a new licence because our SCOOP machine has finally died (after about 4 complete OS changes, each requiring a new licence). I will, of course, then have to ask for another license when the next PC arrives!

Another way of doing it would be to have a way of sending an email yourself - so it says \"send this email to this email address\". That email could then be automatically read and replied to, and the response copied and pasted into SCOOP. At the moment if you (as we) are behind a firewall that is quite restrictive neither the online or the email work! (of course, if the online system could \"sniff\" the proxy settings from IE as some applications can do this would also fix the problem).

Basically I am looking for a way to renew licences regularly without having to trouble a support rep every time! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

With many thanks,

Alex Davies
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Unfortunately not - Myriad is the only product that uses powernet and all the other products have now moved to the P-SQUISH system instead.

The online licensing wizard should be using the IE settings, but becuase it works on a different port number (TCP 6998) it may be this that your firewall is restricting outgoing connections for that port. If you can open it up you will then be able to license online without any problems. (I'm afraid we can't use SOCKS proxies either for security reasons)

Of course, it won't actually help you in this case becuase the whole point of the P-SQUID/SQUISH system is to stop people users one license on more than 1 computer BigGrin

I've been wondering about an update to the License Engine that would allow you to easily \"surrender\" a license from a machine and this would then free it up for use on another computer. Obviously you would only be able to do this a couple of time before your account manage would need to review and reset the online ability for that license again as a piracy check.

I'll have a think though and see if we can come up with any other options...

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search