Myriad v.3.6 and AudioWQall

Myriad v.3.6 and AudioWQall

Author
keithatrochdale
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi I am new to this but have found the system I use often plays a different cart to that chosen, both by AutoTrack and when choose manually..

I have a feeling that it has got it's links in a bit of a twist as the cart that actually plays has it's correct name and content.

So is there a way to re-sync the link from AudioWall to the actual content of the carts?

I believe when importing the carts they are given a number that never changes, even when the carts are moved about, am I correct?

Many thanks for any help (please excuse any wrong terminology)

PS Please excuse spelling in title.

Edited
8 Years Ago by keithatrochdale
Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Hi Keith, You can re-read the audiowall information and then get this to update in autotrak so that whatever is on the cart then reads the same in autotrak.
but be careful, if your wall has been shifted around and youve got a lot of songs in categories etc, you could make a bigger mess of it.

Best thing to do is to stop anyone using autotrak that doesnt know how to use it and banning anyone except admin users from moving carts on the wall.
Good Luck !

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)Forum Sage (1.8K reputation)

Hi Paul

Many thanks for your advice, but as I am a beginner could you please be a bit more detailed in what I need to do?

Sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but I am a complete new comer to this.

Thanks

keith

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Keith,

in Myriad the audiowall and the Autotrack database are separate. So if you move a cart on the audiowall you have to remember to update the Song / Link card in Autotrack.

IF you move the audio within Autotrack, it knows both Song / Link card information and Audiowall location and will move both of them keeping them in sync.

I know it definitely does that in v4, it has been a while since I have done it in v3 but I think it's the same.

In AT you'll need to run an audio report and do your mass move from that window.

However if they are mismatched now, your choice is to re-read the information on each card (button at the top - hover mouse to read what it does). Or you can delete all song / link cards from the database and start again! WARNING unless you turn the setting off it will ask each time if you want to delete the audio as well! If you turn off the setting it will ONLY delete the song / link card.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Forum Sage

Hi we have moved a lot of carts using Myriad Manager which seems to have broken the links, so it does seem as if we need to start from scratch and re-build.

Thank you for your help, any more advice gladly received.

regards

keith

David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Sorry Keith,

The only way I can remember in v3 is to open each song card (and link card) and press "re-read" hover your mouse over the buttons for the tool tip that should show which one it is.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums