Broadcast Radio Forums

Audiowall migration tool.

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic8947.aspx

By Bruce1 - Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:56:04 PM

Hi,

we’ve got a relatively large audiowall. 79,999 carts available, more than half of them in use, about 2Tb of audio files.

The audiowall format was set up in the days when carts above 10,000 were a “new thing”. Lower numbered carts could be stored in separate locations, in chunks of 1000, but anything above cart 10,000 must be in a single directory.

It appears that current myriad versions support an extended format where we can have a directory structure in the 10,000+ space. I can’t find much documentation on it, other than to change it on a live system, we have to use an audio-wall migration tool.

I’d like to split the audiowall over multiple filesystem, which will mean moving to this new format.

Where do I find this tool, and is there any documentation?

Bruce.

By Peter Jarrett - Monday, March 26, 2018 9:03:12 AM

Hi Bruce,
As far as I know that has only been used on one deployment, so you may well be only the second to use it!

It's in c:\Program Files\P Squared AudioWall..... etc. and is pretty straightforward to use - you will need to quit Myriad, OCP etc. everywhere to use it and it only works with v4, so if you are using any v3.X then they won't be able to see anything above cart 11000.

As another cautionary note, if you are upgrading to v5 anytime soon you will likely need to un-migrate back to standard before you run the tool as it's never been tested with migrated AudioWalls, so may well have unexpected results BigGrin