Broadcast Radio Forums

IRN/Sky News

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic8805.aspx

By valleys1 - Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:26:28 AM

Morning all

I hope someone can help

We had an issue with our news automation PC over the weekend which means we’ve had to change it to a new one. That PC was running the free software Automute from Charlie Davy, but looking around that website, I can't find it anywhere and there's no mention of it. I've tried emailing them to get a copy but haven't had a reply sadly.

Just interested what other stations use to automate their news and take it without someone physically being there? 

The Automute software was fantastic and I really hope there's something similar that can be used for community radio stations that are on a budget.

Any help is really appreciated. 

Thanks 
By David Boulton - Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:34:42 PM

Ah right, 

OK well in that case, if you are using the audio input on Myriad for recording it is not going to work :-( I was thinking that this was on a separate automation pc.
You might be able to trigger the batch file to run on the other PC, but that could be difficult and has a potential for a lot of issues.

If you email into hello@broadcastradio.com we do a stereo audio switcher box and GPIO device. So you would wire the SAT RX into the switcher, the Switcher into the mixer and the Swithcer into the GPIO connected to Myriad. In the log you put a hardware command in to turn the Switcher on (wait 2 mins) then off again. Depending on the mixer, the GPIO card might be able to directly turn the channel on/off on the mixer.

Give us an email with more info, and we'll see what we can do.