By Peter Jarrett - Monday, May 12, 2014 4:28:38 PM
We've just updated Myriad News Capture v4.0.21 to correct the issue with the time of Tweets being captured being GMT instead of "local" - e.g. BST. You will need to uninstall the previous Myriad News Capture before installing the new one, but no settings will be lost.
By Peter Jarrett - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:07:37 AM
This has now been upgraded to Full Release status and is now fully supported by P Squared Technical Support.
By Peter Jarrett - Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:36:01 PM
Edit: This has now been upgraded to Full Release status and is now fully supported by P Squared Technical Support.
We have just released Myriad News v4.0.21 to match yesterdays release of the main Myriad suite of software.
There are also a lot of other features and fixes, so please have a read of the update information next to the downloads.
- "Send To" (Audio) - You can now specify a set of "Send-To" locations that you can then use to quickly send audio to with a single click. This is ideal for when you regularly send a piece of audio to a sister station, or for exporting out a Cart to specified filename and format ready for your playout system (what do you mean you don't have Myriad Playout!?) to ingest from it's incoming drop folder.
- Locked Bulletins - You can now lock Bulletin Templates so that they can't be overwritten. When you open a Locked bulletin you will be asked if you want a fresh copy of it to be made for you.
- Bulletin Recorder - The Bulleting Display now has a built in Audio Recorder - this makes it ideal for pre-recording bulletins that will be delivered to remote sites for playout, or just for overnight playout.
- SmoothEdit Clipping Feature - You can now mark sections of carts in SmoothEdit and "send" them to the pad ready to be mixed down into another cart, or to be inserted into another cart open in SmoothEdit. This is ideal for rapidly clipping sections out of long interviews into a final edit.
- Audio Report - Myriad News now has the full Audio Report with all filtering options that you get in Myriad Manager
- AAC, mp4 and 3gp file format import support - you can now import audio in AAC, mp4 and 3gp file formats - for example the audio created and delivered via the DropVox iOS app.
This release also adds support for the Myriad News Distribution Web Service - this is a special web service that you run on your site to allow sister sites to "collect" copies of stories from you that you have marked for distribution - an example would be if you had a particularly good interview with a Local MP that you wanted to make available to other sister stations in the same area, you could mark it to be available to those stations (via the Destinations tab) and then their Myriad News Capture would "collect" that story from your web service (along with all associated audio) and ingest it into your database. To discuss the Distribution Web Service, please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Myriad News v4 and Myriad News Capture Versions are available now from http://www.psquared.net/technical-support/product-support/myriad-news/downloads.aspx
You will also need to have installed the Microsoft .NET v4 Framework which is available from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=24872
If you don't already have a username and password to download Myriad v4 products you can request one from http://www.psquared.net/products/broadcast-software/myriad-playout-playout-automation/myriad-4-launch-centre/request-myriad-4-evaluation.aspx
If you have any questions please post them here or contact your sales account manager.
By Peter Jarrett - Friday, October 31, 2014 1:01:10 PM
This version has now been superseded by Myriad v4.0.23 which is now a fully supported release.