Broadcast Radio Forums

Link & Song Categories

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic7605.aspx

By paulmoore - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:35:19 AM

Thanks Peter & john for your advice ;-)
By paulmoore - Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:10:01 AM

V4 advert manager: have any changes been made to avoid the block scheduling of adverts ?
OR will you be looking into updating V4 ad manager at some point ?
By Peter Jarrett - Friday, March 14, 2014 3:51:17 PM

Hi Paul,

The algorithm used to placed adverts was adjusted slightly, but we had to tread a fine line as most of the "problematic" databases we received via support weren't a fault of the logic used, just of the number of ads being scheduled in certain hours. We found that if we tweaked it too far then it then made the vast majority of breaks then go wildly out of control just to get the few that went wrong correct Smile

However, v4 does introduce the concept of Advert Categories, and then in AutoTrack you can say which Category should be used to fill a specific break - the most common use is to have a "PostNews" category to make sure that the "out of news" advert is only ever scheduled in the first break in the hour, but a lot of users are also using it to force certain ads into certain positions - e.g. categories called "quarter past" "half past" "quarter to" and "End of Hour" and then you can use these to force certain ads to always go into the best achieving spots during shows like the breakfast show etc.
By paulmoore - Friday, March 14, 2014 8:10:37 PM

Sounds interesting, Although I never sell adverts for specific times, I seel on random times at X amount of plays per day per show.

But I may have a little play and find those extra advert categories useful;-)

Thanks for the reply too
By paulmoore - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:28:14 AM

Is there any plan to allow more than 32 categories for both song and links ?

The reason I ask:

We have already used up 31 of our song categories and would like more

We have also used up all 32 of our link categories:

We are a community station that is allowed advertising and sponsorship and have 26 presenters with 30 shows, some do more than 1 show,
each show is gradually being sponsored and most sponsors have more than 1 sponsor tag that needs scheduling.

Each sponsor is using a link category to allow their sponsor tags to be scheduled.

with 30 shows and the rest of the normal links such as:
weather, news, travel, sweepers, jingles, community notices, etc, etc, etc, I have ran out of categories, this means that I have to schedule in each show clock the sponsor tags, which itself isn't a problem, the problem is making them into sweepers as they are not recognised in the clock as DRY, meaning every presenter has to right click and change to a sweeper.

Does anyone know of a way to help ?
will V4 of Myriad/Autotrak allow more than 32 categories ??
By paulmoore - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:38:37 AM

I have just watched the P Squared Autotrak V4 video on youtube and that stated 32 categories ????? I Hope thats an old video!

John Drake (12/03/2014)
If you have used 31 song categories then you *do* have more - one more, to be exact.

Seriously though, Myriad AutoTrack 4.0 allows for:

Up to 64 Categories

Up to 64 Types

Up to 64 Eras

Up to 64 Genders

Up to 64 Styles

PLUS:

Up to 999 items per clock.

Song re-use (e.g. overnight) regardless of usual separation rules.

Kicks.

Shuffles (Per hour per fortnight).

Future moves (move an item to a new category after X plays or by date).

AND MORE!!!
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:22:14 AM

Thanks paul - i'll get that looked into!
By paulmoore - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:15:16 AM

Thanks Peter.