Broadcast Radio Forums

Help!!! - Setting up a new link

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic7290.aspx

By Gareth - Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:32:19 PM

Evening all,

I'm wanting to set up a new link to fire off a jingle for a certain year followed by a song from that year, for example the jingle says 'Old Skool Anthem... 1999' and then Autotrack selects a random song from 1999 to fire off.

I've heard this done on a few stations in the past and we're looking at doing it for a golden hour. I've been banging my head and playing with Autotrack with no much success.

I'm guessing I have to set up a song category for each year i.e. 1997, 1998, 1999? It's the link and adding it to a clock that I'm struggling with.

Can anyone help please? We're using Autotrack V3.6.

Thanks,
Gareth
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:23:41 PM

This answer is off the top of my head, but you could look at putting the "year" jingles into a single category, then force that cat to play before the song, but set all of the links to "only play before songs from X category" - that way depending on what category is scheduled into that slot you would only get a jingle that matched.

But that said it's not ideal - equally you've now got a database full of songs broken out by year, which may not line up with your other scheduling demands (e.g. wanting an A-List/B-List/Image/Recurrent etc. type setup)

Much as I hate to say it v4 might well be better - when it asks you for which year to use, that same year is then used for Links that you specify <Ask> for and it's designed to do exactly what you need Smile