Broadcast Radio Forums

(Not Quite) Absolute Time

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic7191.aspx

By andyp - Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:22:08 PM

On our previous Automation software we had the option to insert an item either at an exact time, like absolute time function in Myriad, or at an approx. time, in which case it would play the item after the playing item at the time had finished, i.e. schedule for approx. time of xx:15:00 and it would play after the song finished that is playing at the time, and given it did not cut the song as such it sounded great.

Other than top of the hour or specific times when you need an item to start at an exact time I agree this would be good addition for Myriad. We currently do something that works OK by scheduling in Autotrack by estimating based on typical song lengths to schedule infomercials etc. as we don't use the advert manager.

Cheers - Andy
By WezzleUK - Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:09:11 PM

Some advice about clocks and timing please.  Still a newbie in probation mode of using this software.

I would like to place in a clock a (random) Item that needs to be played, say, not before 17 minutes past the hour but as soon as possible on or after 17 minutes past the hour.

My understanding of using Absolute Time set to xx:17:00:00 with content prior being droppable in Autofade, would mean that if it was a song finished at 15 minutes past the hour and the next song prior to the Item was 3 minutes long (one minute too long to fit after the previous song and the Item) then I would get silence for 2 minutes?  

In this situation I would prefer for the 3 minute song to play and the Item to follow at 18 minutes past the hour.  Is this possible?

I appreciate that I could place the Item in the Clock at approx 17 mins past the hour but in Live Assist if a presenter deliberately deleted a song during the time between the top of the hour an the Item at approx 17 mins past the hour then the Item would move up the hour to a time before 17 minutes past the hour.

Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks