Broadcast Radio Forums

Scheduling by Style ATP 4.0.15

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic7019.aspx

By showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 1:18:05 PM

I'm still having issues any ideas please.  All I would like to do is to schedule a style but the styles min/max rule fails even though it is correct.

For the style of Easy Listening I have Max set to 30, all others set to 0, so therefore It should only schedule the style 'Easy Listening' but it's not working.

By Liam Burke - Monday, April 29, 2013 1:25:09 PM

HI,

What do you have in the separation column. Is it set to '0' or blank?
By showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 3:25:23 PM

The styles section in clock rules don't have separation only max.  I have set 'Easy Listening' to 30 (so 30 tracks in a row) and all other styles to '0'
By showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 3:26:14 PM

This is being scheduled by Category - POP, Type of 'A-B-C List' and style 'Easy Listening'
By Peter Jarrett - Monday, April 29, 2013 3:36:15 PM

HI Shane,

Can you check in Global Rules that you are enforcing the Styles Clock rule for each of the categories that you are allowing for those clock positions?
By showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:50:43 PM

I can confirm that I have the styles clock rule for all Categories in Global Rules.
By Peter Jarrett - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:51:51 PM

In that case it's probably best to raise this as a support ticket and we can examine your DB and see whats going on.
By showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:56:27 PM

Ok will do.
By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:04:29 PM

Virtual categories are working fine, I believe that style rules are now not be applied correctly as I have types of A B and C

Type - Min - Max - Sep

A List-  2 - 3 - 0

B List- 1 - 2 - 0

C List- 1 - 1 - 1

The hour of style 'Easy Listening' has scheduled 5 C List's in a row where this should be 1 with a separation of 1, any ideas?
By showbizshane - Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:35:32 PM

I would like some help.  I can schedule by Cat/Type but for some reason can't seem to schedule by Style.

The unscheduled items have broken the song/type min max (clock rule), I'm not sure why as I only want to schedule one style.  Even if I set this in the clock manually to Easy Listening as a style it still doesn't work.

Song Cat - Song Type - Song Style
Pop - A List - Easy Listening  etc....

Rules in the clock:-
Cat - Pop set to minimum of 30 max 30
Types, A B C List set to minimum 1 max 3
All eara's default
Style set to 'Easy Listening' minimum 30 max 30

This above is applied to the clock.

I have checked content and their are enough tracks to schedule with for what I am trying to do.
By showbizshane - Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:11:00 PM

It also appears that the other clock rules are also being missed.  I now have x2 Elvis Presley in the same hour and this is not a typo, so this has also broken the artist seperation rule...

Please confirm if this is the functionality of  'Virtual Styles as Categories'?? 
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:40:36 AM

Hi Shane,

As you are already working with tech support on these scheduling questions, can you continue that conversation with them direct rather than via here? Just saves any unnecessary duplication.
By ads - Saturday, January 28, 2017 10:07:20 PM

Hello, 

Sorry too revive an old topic, but we're experiencing this same issue, I have made sure that song styles rule is set in Global rules (it's at the top), that 'Enable song styles as a virtual category' is set (don't fully understand this option yet) and the corresponding options in the clocks for style scheduling (songs can have any of the selected styles) and style rules (ticked and set to 30 for the relevant style) but it still schedules songs that don't match the correct style. Any thoughts from anyone? Am I missing something obvious?! We migrated over from v3 to v4 and we need to schedule pretty soon!

Many thanks

Adam
By Matt Wade - Monday, January 30, 2017 9:24:16 AM

Hi Adam,

I would also check the clock rules have a rule to follow style rules. If you have enabled the song styles as virtual categories I would also check you have a weighting in that category (I have not used virtual categories but can only assume they would show up in the main clock rule and you have to put in a weighting and min/max. If you have put the style into the clock itself it is also worth checking there is not another tick in a 'blank' style. If you have done any work in the past to remove styles but not emptied songs out of that style before deleting the text for the style name then songs will still be part of that 'blank' style.

It is also worth running v4.0.26 if you are not as in the release notes there seems to be talk of styles and some fixes.

Personally I would be tempted to untick the virtual categories to avoid having to hunt for some more rules and settings.

ta - M

By ads - Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:42:01 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I can confirm that the clock rules have "style rules" with the max 30 in a row on the relevant style. I have turned off the song styles as virtual categories setting as I don't fully understand that yet anyway. We add a rule to each clock so each show has its own set of rules. I notice that Genders are not set with a min/max but in our Global rules we don't have a rule or guide to use them so I assume it won't make any difference if they're missing (we never used them in v3.6).

Our setup on v4 was imported from v3.6 so perhaps there is a fault with it? Also, all of our clocks are missing a max number in a row for song styles, so I will have to go into each one and manually add it. I may need to escalate this to Broadcast Radio but any other nuggets of info you may think of I'd be grateful!

Many thanks

Adam
By Matt Wade - Monday, February 6, 2017 1:54:22 PM

Hi Adam - may be worth in the clock itself to add the style to the song slot you are after in the style column of the clock itself and see if it schedules and if it doesn't go into the reasons why it fails - may give you an idea.

M
By GHR - Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:49:56 PM

showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:56:27 PM
Ok will do.

Did you get anywhere with this as thinking I have same problem
By BigDaveB - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:18:38 PM

GHR - Wednesday, June 07, 2017 2:49:56 PM
showbizshane - Monday, April 29, 2013 4:56:27 PM
Ok will do.

Did you get anywhere with this as thinking I have same problem

I have opened a new support ticket as I'm still struggling with this (I'm the new "Adam James" down here at Seaside) and becoming convinced it's a code fault (aka bug)

By David Boulton - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:03:50 PM

BigDaveB - Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:18:38 PM

I have opened a new support ticket as I'm still struggling with this (I'm the new "Adam James" down here at Seaside) and becoming convinced it's a code fault (aka bug)

Hi Dave,

opening a support ticket is the best idea, as looking back on the thread, it's not clear if we heard anything back after the last suggestion made by Matt. If they opened a support ticket then it's possible that a solution was found.