Broadcast Radio Forums

Myriad v2.6 & Windows 7 - any issues?

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6786.aspx

By Simon Temple - Friday, January 4, 2013 9:19:23 AM

We're probably going to have to jump from W2k to W7 for our play-out systems, so can anyone tell me does Myriad v2.6 work ok on a W7 box?
I realise that's not an official supported combination, but there's no money to jump up to a newer version of Myriad sadly.

Current config W2K; Myriad v2.6; PCI1750; Gina24

Are there any pitfalls or does it just work?

Thanks
Simon
HB Sheffield
By philedmonds - Tuesday, November 5, 2013 4:05:04 PM

Just resurrecting this thread - as I'm in the process of spec'ing up a machine for a Myriad v2.6 terminal (with half a mind to compatibility for a future Myriad upgrade).

Has anyone had experience of running Myriad v2.6 on Windows 7 Pro 32bit for extended periods in a production environment?

A while back I had Myriad v2.6 running on a training workstation - but this wasn't in a critical environment.

I'll probably get a Windows 7 Pro licence, which gives me downgrade rights to XP Pro, but as this is coming to end of life and for general hardware compatibility Windows 7 seems a better option.

I'd imagine the Myriad v2.6 user base will be slowly shrinking, but if there are any Myriad 2.6 / Windows 7 users reading this I'd appreciate your experiences and any gotchas.

On a related note - I notice that if you're buying a OEM version of Windows 8 Pro, which is marginally cheaper than Windows 7 Pro, you only get downgrade rights to Win 7 or Vista Pro. Windows 7 Pro OEM has downgrade rights to Vista or XP Pro. You need Volume Licensing versions to get downgrade rights to all previous 'pro' versions of Windows.