Broadcast Radio Forums

Global Change over Multiple Clocks

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6431.aspx

By NiddNet - Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:30:31 PM

Hi Guys,

My first post here, so please forgive me if I get some of the terminology wrong.

I've just inherited a task which, to my mind, should be easy - but, knowing precious little about Myriad itself (gasp!) I'm not sure what the best way to achieve it is.

Here's the scenario.

I have recently changed a station from an Advantech and P2 Audio Switch unit to a more software-based solution. I've set up the commands to call batch-files which do the necessary jobs, and they work great...  the problem is now that said station has a massive number of (apparently very precious) clocks, all with the wrong news sequence.

Is there a simple way I can change

"Hardware - Set - 17" (or however it's annotated) to "Command - News Open"  and, of course,
"Hardware - Unset - 17" to "Command - News Close".

At the moment, we've got a guy doing it manually for each day, but what I'd really like, is to run some kind of routine, or utility which will globally change ALL 'hardware 17' to my own commands.

(Also, we could do with tightening up the news in/out time too... and this would be a great way to do this)

As I say, I'm not at all up on Myriad yet (though I feel I might have to become so rather fast!) - but I'm very very comfortable with IT systems, and am not obverse to running some SQL commands directly on the DB if it comes to it - though I'd much rather use an 'elegant' solution.

Many thanks for all the help and advice I'm sure you folks can offer.

Best wishes,

Ross.
By paulmoore - Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:17:16 PM

Thanks for the honest answer, I'll just have to re-write all our clocks when necessary.