Broadcast Radio Forums

Uneven scheduling of items in a category

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6345.aspx

By neilogden - Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:21:40 AM

We have a new show that has a series of short stories.  These are in our "poems and short stories" category.  They are separated with two styles - long stories and short stories, so there two formats and we have one long and one short story in each show. 

The problem I have is that the same stories are being scheduled.  Although there enough to cover a week without any of them repeating themselves, we have some being scheduled 2 - 3 times in a week and others not being used at all.  I cannot work out why this is and how to stop it happening.  We've never really had this come up before as we've never really done a show like this.  It must be something obvious.

Autotrack is version 2.

Neil
By David Boulton - Monday, May 14, 2012 9:29:41 AM

Silly question, is this in a song or link category?

Songs are subject to lots of rules, (like cant play the same artist within xx hours - especially if you have all the stories labelled as the same Artisit i.e. "Short Stories") links are not and can just rotate around the decks evenly.

If it were me, i'd have a Short & Long link cats, and then place those in the clock where you need them, if you place them an even number of times in the clocks - have an odd number of items in the category so they don't come up in the same time each week.