Broadcast Radio Forums

Myriad & NAS

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic6106.aspx

By James Hamilton - Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:06:57 PM

Hi Peter / all,

Has anyone reported any successes or failures with NAS and Myriad v4?

Many thanks

James
By showbizshane - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:10:14 AM

I store our audio in a mirror pair array in our Server (2008R2 Std) and copy files using robocopy to a second pair of drives in a NAS as backup purposes only to enable restore from but not to run from as I couldn't get a NAS (Netgear ReadyNas Duo) to perform, as mentioned this may be memory and processor and IOP'S. 

Maybe a micro-server would be the next option, HP's?
By Will Trueman - Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:38:14 PM

Hey All,

I have been playing with our setup to bring in a backup profile, but I am coming across an issue when using the backup profile.

We have a Netgear ReadyNAS+ at Corby (running in X-RAID mode), data is sync'ed to this once per day from our main audio server, when we run Myriad from the audio server it's fine, but when I switch to use the backup profile which points to the NAS it becomes totally unresponsive. 

When I start Myriad, it gets to the loading instant carts part of the process and they slows down, it takes around 2 or 3 minutes to get to the logon and once logged in if you try and do anything Myriad goes in to not responding state.

The odd thing is Myriad Manager seems to work fine.

Everything on the network has a 1Gbs connection, so I cant see it being the network, the NAS runs fine, if I open something from it in to Cool Edit it takes just a few seconds.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? The issue is present in both 3.5 and 3.6

Cheers,

Will :-)
By Peter Jarrett - Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:34:32 PM

Hi James,

We haven't tried ourselves but equally haven't heard from anyone either - my suspicion is that the same limitations will apply in that the main difference in disk use between v3 and v4 is the switch to SQL server - so IC's and Carts etc. are still accessed in broadly the same way, so I doubt that that will change the performance limitations we've seen from NAS devices.