Broadcast Radio Forums

Edirol UA-101 and Myriad issues

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic4732.aspx

By Matt Wade - Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:02:01 AM

I have one of these cards and have noticed a lag/delay when recording into myriad. I am guessing this is the USB effect but has anyone found a setting I can change to decrease this lag.

I am running Windows 7 professional.

ta - M
By Bruce - Monday, January 31, 2011 8:33:55 AM

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Our main studio machine is a Psquared-supplied PC, with raid disks, dual monitors etc, and an external Edirol UA-101 8 channel sound card, configured up as 4 stereo outputs and 1 input. Runnix XP pro SP3. Pretty standard setup.

The audio will occasionally hang. Sometimes it can go three months or more before it happens, at other times it can happen twice a week.

When this happens, Myriad (and other apps) continue as normal. It can still "see" the sound card, and the meters on Myriad still show levels. Device Manager still sees the device. But no audio output.

Rebooting the PC makes no difference (the card is externally powered). Rebooting the card fixes the problem (but also means a Myriad restart - and also cannot be done remotely).

Our initial thoughts were that this looked like a hardware fault, but we've swapped the Edirol, and the problem persists.

System is running the latest Edirol XP drivers (which are not particularly recent)

Any thoughts?