Broadcast Radio Forums

Record into next cart

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic3325.aspx

By Craig Arthur - Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:16:44 PM

You need to assign your personal cart range.

In Myriad click Tools -> Customise Myriad

Click Audiowall then Cart display tab.  On that tab you have the ability to add your personal cart range.

You have to do this for each user though.

By paulmoore - Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:32:36 AM

Thanks for the reply, but we dont have Tools/Customise Myriad...

Not in Myriad anyway, did look in myriad manager and it wasnt there either, maybe you're using a different version of Myriad to me !?

we are on 3.5.9.

am sure someone else will drop into the forum with help ;-)

By Matt Wade - Saturday, June 20, 2009 8:42:31 AM

Hi Paul,

You should see it along the top menu structure in Myriad itself (not myriad manager). It should go File | Log | View | Tools.

It is under Tools - Customize Myriad.

M
By paulmoore - Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:05:38 AM

When you use the recorder in the bottom left as a simple quick voice recorder, it automatically chooses the next free available cart, can we change this ?

Ideally we would like to be able to choose a range of carts from 50,000 as an example. Any one done this or can it be done ??

By paulmoore - Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:39:32 PM

we definetly have a diferent version to you then mate:

Our Myriad reads as:

File, Log, View, On Air Cobtrols, Settings, Help. Drop down the list in tools and we get Cahnge Password, System Maintenance and Quick record into first available cart. No sign of changing any instant record stuff there I'm afraid....

Maybe Myriad staff will help !! If they dont reply here, I'll call midw eek and let you all know.

By Matt Wade - Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:54:22 PM

Hi Paul,

Figured it out - There is an option in 'Settings' - 'Myriad Settings' - 'Myriad Settings'.

Once in there select General Options tab and down there under login there is a tick box next to 'allow users to customize myriad for their login name' you need a tick in there then you should be able to follow the instructions already given.

ta - M
By paulmoore - Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:26:40 PM

Found it now !!!!

Thanks a lot, now we can keep all the VT stuff in one place, thankyou ;-)

By paulmoore - Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:47:17 AM

Forget that last reply......Our techy geezer who knows all about Myriad said he'd done it.....I checked this morning and we still record in cart 3.......... done everything suggested, so I think a call to P Squared will help midweek ;-)

I'll let you all know how we did it.
By paulmoore - Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:04:20 AM

OK, I have found out how to do it now, its in personal display range, not really what it should say which is why I didn't get it earlier, That setting adjusts the home tab as well, so this means that when you press home you would now go to your chosen range in our case 97000, not really what I wanted.

Maybe a new feature to be added to a future upgrade.

This feature will help for our training academy but not for everyone else.

but at least it helps for now, thanks for everyone's help !
By paulmoore - Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:09:05 AM

Maybe If I gave everyone more of their own carts this could work !

just thinking out loud really ;-)