Broadcast Radio Forums

Antivirus and firewall software

http://forums.broadcastradio.com/Topic1517.aspx

By Chris Weaving - Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:20:30 PM

Hi.

I'd be interested to hear what antivirus and firewall software people use on their Myriad workstations.
I was previously using NAV 2003 and Zone Alarm.
I've given NAV 2005, Symantec Personal Firewall and Norton Internet Security a try, but there are conflicts within the programs which I'm not happy about.
I am using a stand-alone PC in a home studio for production work (i.e. not networked).
Obviosuly, those on a network may well use a hardware firewall.
I'm using Windows XP Professional.

Cheers.

Chris.
By philedmonds - Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:09:40 PM

[quote:b36b4d2384=\"Chris Weaving\"]We have Symantec Antivirus version 9 at work, which states it can be used on a stand-alone PC, which would be ideal for my situation in my home studio with Myriad.
I would like to use it with a software firewall such as Zone Alarm or Norton Personal Firewall.
Has anyone had experience of a set-up like this, or does anyone foresee any problems with this ?
I know consumer Antivirus products can have compatibility issues with each other, but I'm after a professional solution such as Symantec AV 9.[/quote]

Zone Alarm seems fine with Myriad on our Office Machine, but you do seem to need to give Myriad permission to 'act as a server'.

As for AV I've used F-Prot and AVG (obviously not both on the same sysetm) with Myriad without any problems. I tend to avoid Norton Anti-Virus, as I've heard lots of bad stories about it.