absolute time markers

absolute time markers

Author
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Do the absolute time markers only come into effect during autofade hours ?

reason I ask is on the tutorial video for V4 AutoTrak it shows an absolute time marker at the start and at the end of the hour, the first fires off the weather the second fires the news at the end of the hour, I tried this tonight and it just went past my marker, I purposely made the abs time 1 second short to fire at 00:02:01, as the news shuts off at 00:02:02, but it just carried on playing and my weather fired off at 00:02:03.

any ideas ? do I have to be in auto fade for it to work ? OR is this absolute marker at 00:02:02 only there to allow us to programme the clock to time? eg to get our ads at the right time etc.

Thanks for any replies in advance ;-)

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

Edited
10 Years Ago by paulmoore
Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
HI Paul,

Ab Times do work in all modes, but they are only used to work out what items to fade and drop in AutoFade Mode - so for example if I have a Song at the start of the hour, then an Ab Time on 10 mins past, then Myriad will play the song then stop and wait until 10mins past, then carry on (assuming both of them have a green dot of course!)

In live mode, the Ab Time won't do anything in your scenario as it won't trigger any fading, so Myriad won't consider the Ab Time until it gets to it (at 02:02) and by then it's too late to do anything.

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

Paul Moore
Paul Moore
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)Forum Sage (250K reputation)

Understood, it was just confusing in the video tutorials.

Regards,
Paul Moore

HitMix Radio
0792 858 1075

philipewing
philipewing
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. We are trying out Myriad and AutoTrack on trial right now, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me a little about Absoulte Time marker? I have made clocks and at 00:59:00 each hour, at that time I have clocked for ''Music Post, Promo & News Jingle'' to come in. However it doesn't seem to be working, when I make the clock for AutoFade it still doesn't do it and also the playlist deletes a number of tracks and plays mostly links, in auto mode it works however only if I manually hit delete the extra tracks in the log.

Example how the end of my log looks

song

song

song

AB TIME 00:59:00

Music Post 20''

Promo 30''

News Intro 10''

Any help would be great thanks guys, been trying this most of the day now and not getting very far.

Thanks

Philip
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Phil,

I think I have spotted the issue.

Because we don't know where the clock will be assigned in the day the 3 sets of numbers are for this hour only, so the time marker is mm:ss:hh (minutes:seconds:hundeths) - so your autofade hour is working correctly, but it is trying to squeeze everything to hit your maker at 1 min into the hour.

So it's dropping all the songs, and presumably you have more than a mins worth of jingles and promos (these are non-droppable by default).

Change your marker to 59:59:00 and that will back time it to the top of the hour, however even easier than that, if you set an hour as autofade, but it has no time markers, it will back time the hour to be an hour!

See how you get on :-)

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
philipewing
philipewing
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)Forum Sage (1.6K reputation)

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, I will try this now, I gather I don't need a AB TIME at the TOH/Top of the clock saying 00:00.00?

Thanks again

Cheers

Phil 
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Hi Phil,

that correct, no need for that one.

If you just want the hour to backtime calculate to be an hour you don't need any time markers in an AuotFade hour at all. But if you do want something to wait until or backtime to you do need the markers.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums