SQL Firewall Exceptions

SQL Firewall Exceptions

Author
John-Michael Sugden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I have created a Batch file to add the correct firewall exceptions to a windows7 or server 2008 firewall for clients to connect to an instance of SQL. Just download the attached file, unzip and then run as Administrator.

The process will display and error if the keys are not added correctly.

Hope this helps,

John-Michael

PS: You will need to be logged into the forum to download files, guest users cannot download.

Attachments
SQLfirewall.zip (638 views, 549 bytes)
Edited
10 Years Ago by John-Michael Sugden
John-Michael Sugden
John-Michael Sugden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)Forum Sage (17K reputation)

Hi All,

One or two people have been unable to download this file. The problem appears to be related to the browser, if you are using Google Chrome to download the file it may fail to download. Please try a different browser, I have tested several versions of Internet explorer and Firefox and these seem to download correctly.

Hope this helps,

John-Michael
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hi John,

Does this get around having to put in a physical Port Number to allow?

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
John-Michael Sugden
John-Michael Sugden
Forum Sage

Hi Matt,

The Script adds the SQL Server exe and The Server Browser exe to the firewall for all ports.

Hope this helps,

John-Michael
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Hiya,

I am still having issues downloading that file. I tried on Firefox and IE but it just links me back to the forum front page.

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search