Windows 2003 Server - charity discount ?

Windows 2003 Server - charity discount ?

Author
xeonic
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

As we are upgrading all of our hardware at Victoria Radio Network very soon, I am investigating the possible use of Windows 2003 server on our new server PC. The cost could be the stumbling point however, so I wondered if anyone was aware of charity discount schemes for hospital radio stations ?

On the Microsoft website it seems to indicate that they do not offer discounts to hospitals, but I would be interested to hear how other stations purchased their win2003 software for use with Myriad/Autotrack.

Thanks,

Peter

Victoria Radio Network
Craig Arthur
Craig Arthur
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)Forum Sage (83K reputation)

Try the following wbsite?

http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/microsoft/index.htm

Craig

Craig Arthur

Engineering & IT Manager
Radio Royal, Royal 2 & Royal Gold.

xeonic
xeonic
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)Forum Sage (3.3K reputation)

Craig,

Thanks, I will give them a buzz and see what they say. Seems that it costs about £150 for the Standard Edition with minimum licences.

Peter
Chris Hughes
Chris Hughes
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)Forum Sage (3.8K reputation)

HI all,

you may not of heard of Charity Technlogy Exchange ..

http://www.ctxchange.org/ctx/my_account/default.asp

They have a relationship with microsoft and give Charities significant discount.

To give you an idea Windows Server 2003 @21 quid.

They do need proof that you are a registered charity, and work with the Charity Commission to validate you!

Chris Hughes

Thanks,

Chris Hughes C.Eng
T : 01432 233033
M : 07866766966
chris.hughes@hhr.org.uk| www.hhr.org.uk
Hereford Hospital Radio

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address: