start-up on receiving power

start-up on receiving power

Author
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi,

One of our pc's is set to automatically turn on and boot up when it receives power but the other one isn't. How do I get this other pc to start up on power?

Also - when my myriad machines log in it takes a long time to connect to the system, apps and myriad folders. Could I not just map my computer to those and get it to connect to them on login - would that not speed things up?

cheers

Matt
HR Chelmsford

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hi Matt,

Have a look in the BIOS of the PC in Question. Depending on it's age and manufacture in the Power Settings look for something called \"AC BACK\" and select \"Full ON\". This will force the PC to boot wwhen mains is applied to the PSU.

As for the speed of boot, are you using static or dynamic ip adresses? We would certainly reccomend Static IP ranges and running a batch script which can map the drives and even launch Myriad.

Below is a sample Myriad batch which i hope helps:

@echo off

echo PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH THIS WINDOW

echo Mapping Myriad Network Drives...

NET USE M: /DELETE
NET USE M: \\\\????-MYR-SVR-01\\MYRIAD

rem NET USE S: /DELETE
rem NET USE S: \\\\????-SCP-CAP-01\\SCOOP

echo Starting Myriad...

start c:\\progra~1\\psquar~1\\myriad\\myriad.exe

echo Closing Window...

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)Forum Sage (95K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Is there a way of tweaking the bios power on without loading up the bios on boot up. On these machines I don't seem to be able to get into the bios by hitting delete on boot up. Can I tweak it somewhere else so it powers up on receiving power.

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk

Peter Jarrett
Peter Jarrett
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)Forum Sage (514K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
Hmmmm.. If it's one of ours then they all use the same bios manufacturer and pressing Delete should do it - though sometimes they are picky and you have to wait until the message has just appeared on screen.

The motherboards we use are made by Gigabyte and they do do some motherboard tweak utilities that run under windows and you may be able to alter the setting from inside there. Their website is http://www.giga-byte.com/

------------
Peter Jarrett, Technical Director
Broadcast Radio Ltd.

Bill Bailey: No win, no fee, no basis in reality. Just a room above a minicab office in Acton and a steady stream of greedy simpletons whose delusion is only matched by their clumsiness

GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search