Autotrack and Automation

Autotrack and Automation

Author
Chris Reeve
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)Forum Sage (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I currently run two databases, the main 'Station Database' and and 'Automation' Database. The Station Database is only used for live programmes and automation runs on a separate PC all the time. If the presenter is presenting live, they take control from the automation machine, and give it back when they finish.

In the autotrack Schedule/Send Playout section, I've ticked the 'send to additional logs/playout' to send the log output to a second database. This works well, however, we have one category called 'Live Prog IDs'. This contains presenter ID's etc, which should only play if the presenter is presenting live. These are scheduled to help presenters line up their programme ID's, however if the presenter isn't there, I don't want these to play in the automation.

Is there a way of copying the log to a second database and exclude a specific category?

Thanks

Chris
--
Engineeer
Chippenham Hospital Radio
David Boulton
David Boulton
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio
Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)Brand Manager - Broadcast Radio (188K reputation)

Group: Broadcast Radio
creev15 - Monday, November 26, 2018 11:06:17 PM
Hi all,

I currently run two databases, the main 'Station Database' and and 'Automation' Database. The Station Database is only used for live programmes and automation runs on a separate PC all the time. If the presenter is presenting live, they take control from the automation machine, and give it back when they finish.

In the autotrack Schedule/Send Playout section, I've ticked the 'send to additional logs/playout' to send the log output to a second database. This works well, however, we have one category called 'Live Prog IDs'. This contains presenter ID's etc, which should only play if the presenter is presenting live. These are scheduled to help presenters line up their programme ID's, however if the presenter isn't there, I don't want these to play in the automation.

Is there a way of copying the log to a second database and exclude a specific category?

Thanks

Chris
--
Engineeer
Chippenham Hospital Radio

Hi Chris,
there is a way, but it's a lot more complicated as it was designed for stations wanting to share a music log, but schedule completely different Adverts / Station ID's etc - basically designed for the larger radio groups.

It would require you having 2 AT Pro databases  - ingesting a "Simulcast" file, then scheduling both separately. You would also periodically need to sync the two databases to make sure they have the same song information.

Without publically discussing your account - I suspect that it would end up being more expensive, and certainly more complicated than just removing those links manually from the Automation PC.

Regards

David Boulton
Brand Manager
Broadcast Radio Ltd
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums